AMD FX 8370, FX 8370E, and FX 9590 Review
Posted by Heath Coop on Monday, September 8, 2014 - 8:01am
On August 28th, AMD held a press briefing. While the industry was all a buzz with the anticipated release of the new Radeon R9 285, AMD had a bit more planned. AMD had also decided to release three new FX Series processors. These would include a new lower power version of the FX 8320, dubbed the FX 8320E. There was also the new FX 8370 and FX 8370E. The FX 8370 uses the same 4 GHz base clock as the FX 8350, but features a 100MHz higher turbo boost of 4.3 GHz. The FX 8370E is the low power variant of the FX 8370 with a lower 3.3 GHz base clock to conserve power.
AMD still had yet one more thing up it’s sleeve, price cuts. Price cuts are not all that uncommon. AMD did have some rather drastic cuts in mind for the top of the FX line. The flagship FX 9590 had it’s price cut to a much easier to shallow 249.99. The 9370 also got a price cut, bringing it down to $210.99. When all was said and done, nearly the entire FX Series has a price reduction.
AMD was nice enough to send us samples of the FX 8370 and FX 8370E, as well as the AIO water-cooled version of the FX 9590. Thank you AMD!
AMD's take on the FX Series
AMD FX Processors unlock maximum, unrestrained processing performance for extreme responsiveness you can see and feel.
- The industry's only 8-core desktop processor
- Overclock with easy to use AMD Overdrive™ technology and AMD Catalyst™ Control Center™ software suites
- Supreme power available from virtually every core configuration - also available in 6- and
- 4-core variants
- Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and
- 3D modeling
- The industry's first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with "Bulldozer" architecture
- New 32 nanometer die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and improved thermals
- Can deliver cores and performance you need without raising the power requirements
An Industry Leader in Price for the Performance
- Unlocked processors allow the maximum in tunable performance
- AMD Turbo CORE Technology dynamically adjusts performance to give you the best experience, no matter what you are doing
- Get superior performance at a competitive price with unlocked technology
Up next, the specifications and a closer look.