AMD: Development of ‘Zen’ CPUs is Our Largest R&D Spending Right Now

Home Forums Hardware Processors AMD: Development of ‘Zen’ CPUs is Our Largest R&D Spending Right Now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Advanced Micro Devices has been slashing its research and development budgets for a number of quarters in a row now due to decreasing revenues. With limited R&D resources, AMD has to prioritize its spendings. According to chief executive officer of AMD, at present the company spends most of its R&D money on development of upcoming microprocessors based on “Zen” micro-architecture

AMD: Development of ‘Zen’ CPUs is our largest R&D spending now

clayjn

I really hope they make this chip happen. It woudl be nice to see AMD push a new cpu out and have it be a quality product that can compete. 

Crosses fingers

ghostamongyou
    Participant

I don’t get why they would use the ‘X86’ figure to represent the latest and greatest thing they’re working on.  ‘X86’ immediately makes me think of something sub-par and not the best available; e.g. 32-bit Windows.

Kanged_One
    Participant

I thought they canceled this??

chaython
    Participant

been burning a whole in their pocket since 2011 from the sounds of it

vitius
    Participant

in the development of the zen cpu, there was an engineer from intel. i dont remember its name. but he is very good engineer in relation to the CPU development. i think that he is now working at samsung. so i really think that AMD will strive to the top with its new architecture

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.