AMD Wants To Stop Being Known As The “Cheaper Solution”

Home Forums Hardware Processors AMD Wants To Stop Being Known As The “Cheaper Solution”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

However it seems that AMD has had enough and wants to stop being known as the “cheaper solution” in the eyes of the public and wants to be known for its high-end and high-performance chipsets instead. According to the company’s CEO Lisa Su, how they will achieve this is through a high-investment in the x86 field.

Su was quoted as saying during the AMD Financial Analyst Day as saying, “It’s extraordinarily important to ensure that we have competitive, high-performance cores. We have reduced our low-end PC exposure.

When you look at AMD’s historical business, we were very, very heavily concentrated in consumer, low end PCs, that was actually our speciality.”

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/05/amd-wants-to-stop-being-known-as-the-cheaper-solution/

killjoyjim

Well shit….lol

Admin1

They need to step up and do something about it.

killjoyjim

They sure do. I use AMD wen I have a small budget for a build.

Yes
    Participant

Hopefully this spurs competition which is good for us.  Way back when I used to buy their cards all the time, but once NVidia pulled ahead I switched.  Cards cost you half a house now (the ones you really want).

Future looks bright!

Sir-diealot
    Participant

It broke my heart to not do an AMD build this time around, but AMD has not released a highend gaming CPU in 2 and a half years so I felt I had no other choice. I truly hope they are abled to get back into the ring and I would love to see them beat Intel out.

lordofwar
    Participant

I hope they don’ just increase prices lol 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.