Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended

Home Forums Gaming PC Gaming Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678167685991

Bob2701

And I just got a key which I was going to give to my grandson…..

Steve-O
    Participant

Well Bob, you can now just it to me!   🙂

Bob2701

[quote=Bob2701]

[/quote]

LOL, did you forget to put the word “send” in your message……

I will just wait until they resolve the problem before giving it to him.  Sorry….

Steve-O
    Participant

[quote=Steve-O]

[quote=Bob2701]

[/quote]

LOL, did you forget to put the word “send” in your message……

I will just wait until they resolve the problem before giving it to him.  Sorry….

[/quote]

Yes Bob, I should have included the word “send”, but you understood my drift.  lol

Slackin
    Participant

Was thinking of getting this game prior to launch, but thank goodness for waiting (also Steam Refunds for those that purchased it)  
    They’ve got some goodwill to earn back from the public after the port failure.. It would be nice to see some of these consoles dual boot into a “Windows Game Mode” with base sets of drivers for the hardware that can be updated, that way porting to the consoles wouldn’t be a bitch and they go back to developing for high end computers running low settings on consoles if need be. 

TeeBlack
    Participant

i got the game the other day. if i would have known about all the problems with the pc port i would have waited. i havent even tried to play it yet but i got it really cheap so im not really mad about it.

Sunshyn
    Participant

The first time I’ve tried a pre-order in ages and this happens. I ordered it early this month because it was the lowest price I’ve ever seen on one of my must-have games, and it just happened to be the amount I had available in my PayPal account. 

Oddly enough, this was the time that a company I purchased from (G2A.com) screwed me over by not sending the key at all so I’ll just get a refund, probably through a PayPal claim at this rate because their customer service is worthless. At least I’m OK with not being able to play it right away given all the issues with it. 

I hope this  fiasco costs them enough that WB seriously regrets the way they handled this release for us PC gamers.  Think they got major kickback from Sony for optimizing and marketing mainly for PS4 while breaking it for the PC to make Sony look better? (Apololgies for the grumbling but I’m not thinking too highly of big company pratices at the moment)

TeeBlack
    Participant

good luck with that. i almost bought from them too. i won a giftcard from them and it didnt even work. ive been hearing G2A is horrible for refunds. i know a guy who’s still waiting for a refund since february from them. me i buy from Kinguin they have always been good to me and get my keys right away.

Sunshyn
    Participant

good luck with that. i almost bought from them too. i won a giftcard from them and it didnt even work. ive been hearing G2A is horrible for refunds. i know a guy who’s still waiting for a refund since february from them. me i buy from Kinguin they have always been good to me and get my keys right away.

I got my refund earlier today! Took a heck of a lot of b*tching in various places and they never did respond to the emails. I put a claim in with PayPal even, but after my 3rd complaint on their facebook page they responded that they were going to discuss it with support. Next thing I knew, Paypal told me the claim was canceled because the company refunded it. So it is possible, though admittedly a great deal of effort for a small amount of money.

BTW, I got my Witcher key from CDkeys.com and found their customer service to be loads better than G2A when I asked questions. G2A had many recommendations when I looked, but I had been thinking at the time that all the quick responses CDkeys had on facebook were more impressive. I know which one I’ll consider buying from again.

Bob2701

Glad to hear it all worked out for you Sunshyn.  My key was free so I will just wait and see.

Steve-O
    Participant

My key was free so I will just wait and see.

You got all the free stuff Bob.  LOL

Sunshyn
    Participant

Glad to hear it all worked out for you Sunshyn.  My key was free so I will just wait and see.

Its terrific you got it for free. I almost would have rather gotten the key from them instead of the refund though I probably wouldn’t have played it until it was working well on the PC. Now I’m going to have to buy it all over again, and its seems very unlikely I’ll find it at such a low price again.  

Bob2701

[quote=Bob2701]

[/quote]

Wait a minute Steve, this is Bob, not Chris….   lol

Steve-O
    Participant

[quote=Steve-O]

[quote=Bob2701]

[/quote]

Wait a minute Steve, this is Bob, not Chris….   lol

[/quote]

You are correct, it is Chris!   Sorry bout that Bob.  

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.