Assassins Creed:Black Flag Giveaway Brought to you by HardCore PC Gamers

Home Forums All about ProClockers Contests Assassins Creed:Black Flag Giveaway Brought to you by HardCore PC Gamers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sir-diealot
    Participant

Just a little giveaway I am doing in the Facebook page I run and thougt some here may be interested. https://gleam.io/Zc423/assassins-creedblack-flag-giveaway-brought-to-you-by-hardcore-pc-gamers

dryden13
    Participant

Thanks Sir-diealot! yes

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks Sir-diealot! yes

You’re welcome and good luck.

KnowNothingMan
    Participant

Thanks Sir-diealot

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks Sir-diealot

You’re welcome and good luck to you.

GTSLICK44
    Participant

You know I’m in this one!  smiley

Sir-diealot
    Participant

You know I’m in this one!  smiley

Best of luck to you, it ends in 47 hours.

GTSLICK44
    Participant

Down to 13 hours now!!!!!  devil

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Down to 13 hours now!!!!!  devil

Good luck.

GTSLICK44
    Participant

I just read this on Steven’s group page, Hardcore PC Gamers. This a direct copy and paste from his posting:

Hello everyone I wanted to let you know what is going on with the giveaway that ended last night, I drew the name a short time ago and when I started checking it seems that there were 36 entries in a very short period of time from that same city. I have written to the people that host the giveaway site and will let you know what happens when I hear back from them. I still have the game and DLC all set to go but I am trying to avoid giving it to a possible cheater. ~ Sir-diealot

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks for posting George.

This is what I have recieved so far. Copy and past of my emails back and fourth, remember you will have to read it from the bottom up.

Hi Steve,

[Edit in brackets

Message body

Hi Steve,

Yep – they look fine to me.  A couple of them might have just hidden/deleted their Facebook account.  I would see a red mail icon if their emails didn’t work too.

Regards,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:06 PM,  wrote:
    So in your opinion is this a valid entry?]

As for the missing Facebook profiles, it’s possible that they were linked previously on Gleam and have since been removed.  I’m not sure if you can make a Facebook profile 100% hidden but that’s also a possibility.

Hi Steve,

As for the missing Facebook profiles, it’s possible that they were linked previously on Gleam and have since been removed.  I’m not sure if you can make a Facebook profile 100% hidden but that’s also a possibility.

Regards,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM,

Hello John, here are a series of screen shots so that you can see what I am talking about. All of those from Alapan I, Philippines in a very short amount of time. Also if you check the winners Facebook account the account does not even exits which is another reason I believe it is a cheater. Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply. Have a good day.

To: 

Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 5:56 PM
    Subject: Re: Gleam Support:

Hi,

We have a fairly sophisticated fraud detection system but it’s not infallible. Which entries do you suspect specifically?  I can see a bit more information such as browser fingerprints and IPs so I’ll take a look and see.

Regards,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:12 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

I expect somebody of cheating in one of my giveaways, is there a way to check if the entries are valid? I have multiple entries all coming from the same area all within a short time of each other. I am talking several pages of entries from that same place. 36 entries all from the same area in a very short period of time. There are others there that seem suspicious as well. Thank you very much for your time.

anonynamja

So they were all legit entries?

Sir-diealot
    Participant

So they were all legit entries?

That is what they determined, yes. I am not sure if I agree though but I have to go with their ruling.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Here is the rest of our communication.

Okay I heard back from them and this is copy and paste with emails removed to protect my and the person that replied privacy.
    You will have to read in reverse as the first messages are at the bottom. I will post the winner shortly.

Message body
    Hi Steve,
    Yep – they look fine to me. A couple of them might have just hidden/deleted their Facebook account. I would see a red mail icon if their emails didn’t work too. Regards,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 1:06 PM, wrote:
    So in your opinion is this a valid entry?

As for the missing Facebook profiles, it’s possible that they were linked previously on Gleam and have since been removed. I’m not sure if you can make a Facebook profile 100% hidden but that’s also a possibility.
    Hi Steve,
    As for the missing Facebook profiles, it’s possible that they were linked previously on Gleam and have since been removed. I’m not sure if you can make a Facebook profile 100% hidden but that’s also a possibility.
    Regards,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM,
    Hello John, here are a series of screen shots so that you can see what I am talking about. All of those from Alapan I, Philippines in a very short amount of time. Also if you check the winners Facebook account the account does not even exits which is another reason I believe it is a cheater. Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply. Have a good day.

To:

Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 5:56 PM
    Subject: Re: Gleam Support:

Hi,

We have a fairly sophisticated fraud detection system but it’s not infallible. Which entries do you suspect specifically? I can see a bit more information such as browser fingerprints and IPs so I’ll take a look and see.

Regards,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:12 AM, <[email protected] (link sends e-mail)> wrote:

I expect somebody of cheating in one of my giveaways, is there a way to check if the entries are valid? I have multiple entries all coming from the same area all within a short time of each other. I am talking several pages of entries from that same place. 36 entries all from the same area in a very short period of time. There are others there that seem suspicious as well. Thank you very much for your time.

StaticFX
    Participant

There is that chance that one person entered then asked all of his friends to enter…Most of my friends all live in the same area.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.