ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 TI

Home Forums Hardware Video Cards ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 TI

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sir-diealot
    Participant

So I am thinking of getting this card but am not sure. ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 TI 11GB Platinum Edition

But I don’t know what kind of water cooling unit I would need and if my Cosmos II will have the room? The only experience I have with water cooling is my Cooler Master Neptune which came with everything attached and all I had to do was plug and play for lack of proper terminology. This is just a thought and if it is going to be a major pain or could cause me problems with my PC I would just assume go with one of the 3 fanned versions. Thanks for any help. Oh can’t game till at least Oct. because of my shoulder surgery, so I am in no big hurry, just trying to educate myself. Thank you for any help.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814126202

Admin1

Thanks Steve, I’ll talk to ASUS and see if I can get one for review.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks Steve, I’ll talk to ASUS and see if I can get one for review.

Thank you.

RealNeil
    Participant

I have the 980Ti Poseidon card here. You can use the air cooling with them, (which I am doing) or hook up a pump and rad to it to cool it down better. (for overclocking use)

The air cooling works as good as my other two 980Ti cards do. It’s a little bit better card compared to my Super Clocked EVGA 980Ti, but it falls short of my Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Extreme.

Mine may be seeing water before too long.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks Neil. Do you see any difference in performance with aircooling it over water cooling it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.