Changing H80i Fans

Home Forums Hardware Cooling Changing H80i Fans

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Since overclocking my 2700k to 4.5ghz the stock Corsair fans have gotten too loud. I’m thinking of swapping them out for these COUGAR CF-V12HP.

What do you think? Are they good?

Bob2701

The reviews are good.

Thanks, just ordered two from newegg.

Sunshyn
    Participant

Could you please post back about how well those work out? I recently ordered an H80i for my new system but have become concerned about the noise some reviewers report. Since this rig is being aimed toward being a quiet system, I figure I may well need to put in different fans too.

TeeBlack
    Participant

wasnt there an issue with these pwm fans whinning and clicking at lower speeds? at full speed they are fine i heard. i would ask Kenny he has lots of experience with these fans.

I only came across one post on overclock.net that mentions this… other than that the fans have rave reviews!

There also youtube reviews which shows the fan in action. And guess what? no clicking.. I’m thinking this person got a defective fan. I bet he scared a lot of buyers away with that post.

Nevertheless I already bought them and will report back if I get this clicking noise.

Could you please post back about how well those work out? I recently ordered an H80i for my new system but have become concerned about the noise some reviewers report. Since this rig is being aimed toward being a quiet system, I figure I may well need to put in different fans too.

Got them today and installed.

[[{“fid”:”60103082″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

[[{“fid”:”60103083″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

These fan are super quiet and still outperform the H80i fans. . at full load my max temps with the H80i fans were 62c. The Cougars are 58c.  Idle temps drop from 31c to 24c!! This tells me the fans are blowing more air than the H80i fans at lower speeds.

Tee, there’s no clicking sound whatsoever.

These fans are so quiet I had to check if they were working during the 3dmark bench test lol

Bob2701

Awesome, good luck with them.

Admin1

Kevin, as you just found out, you can’t belive everything you read. Cougar has always made excellent fans, sure they may be a couple that might have had a problem, but if that person had contacted Cougar and explained the problem they would have glady sent him a replacement.

Admin1

By the way, what is your chip overclocked to ?

Awesome, good luck with them.

Thanks.

By the way, what is your chip overclocked to ?

4.5ghz

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.