Enthoo Primo Z87 OC Build Started

Home Forums Show & Tell Enthoo Primo Z87 OC Build Started

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Doctor_Death

Seeing as my 900D build is on hold until I get a sleeved cable kit for my AX1200i , I had some time to start on my Gigabyte Z87 OC Primo build. Installed the XSPC RX360 Rad top, EX360 bottom, which will most likely be replaced by the White OC Cool 360 Monsta Rad. Also moved forward with the XSPC Photon 270mm Res, and Raystorm block I ended up switching out the Kingston 16GB 10 year Anniversary 2400 MHz kit, and replaced it with a 32GB Kingston Beast 2133MHz kit. Six Cougar 120mm fans on the top rad set up in a push. pull configuration, also removed the rear 140mm Phanteks black & white fan, and replaced it with a 140mm Cougar fan Tomorrow, the 4770K and Raystorm CPU block gets installed, also two Kingston HyperX 3k 480GB SSDs, not sure which PSU yet, either a be quiet 1000W, or the OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W, seeing as it comes with sleeved cables. Now comes the problem, I had planed to use two Sapphire R9 280X GPUs, due to the orange on the cards matching the Z87 OC, but I never had a chance to pick up the 2nd card, so that leaves me with either two HIS R9 290X GPUs, or three Diamond HD6970s. Besides the 280X Toxic, I also have two other R9 280X GPUs, one from HIS, and one from Asus, but none of the cards would match.

najiro
    Participant

Nice build! Is the enthoo primo painted blue or it came blue?
    Really like the case! Very neat with all the PSU cover and hard drive cage cover.

TeeBlack
    Participant

i love that case. let me have it! 😀 the new Xspc RX v3 rads are coming very soon!

James86

Looking good Stan now I feel like a bandwagoner with my build.

Doctor_Death

Hi Mike, I had it custom painted, White metal flake, with Blue Pearl trim.

Doctor_Death

Looking good Stan now I feel like a bandwagoner with my build.

Hi James, just take your time and plan the build correctly, if you do not like the way it looks, just start over, until you get the build the way you like it. For me, Phanteks sent me the case, Gigabyte gave me the Z87 OC board, and Kingston sent the 32GB Beast kit, and the 480GB SSDs. Same goes with the XSPC Rads, and Res, even the Cougar fans. You have to understand that I’ve been working with each company for 7 years or more With my 900D build, EK Water Blocks sponsored the build, and sent me $1200 in water cooling hardware, which is why their logo was added to the 900D right side panel, but I still paid over $1000 for the 3970X and over $2000 for the EVGA GTX 690s. Even the cost of the 900D paint, was over $1000, but that also included shipping the 900D to MNPCTech, and having it shipped back to me when the custom paint was finished.

Doctor_Death

i love that case. let me have it! 😀 the new Xspc RX v3 rads are coming very soon!

Hi Tee, yeah I heard about the RX v3 Rads, I’m going to try to get one for review.

Steve-O
    Participant

As always Stan, very nice clean looking build. 😎

Bob2701

Love the color, can’t wait to see the completed build.

Doctor_Death

Thanks Guys

Hopefully it will be finished this weekend, or pretty damn close to being finished,
    I’ll keep everyone updated.

RealNeil
    Participant

It’s looking pretty wazoo so far. I like the paint colors you chose.

ForceFedFlesh
    Participant

Lookin good, nice choice of cougar fans as well.

ghostamongyou
    Participant

The images aren't working for me.  🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.