EVGA 780Ti GTX Classified Kingpin Edition

Home Forums Show & Tell EVGA 780Ti GTX Classified Kingpin Edition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alan1476
    Participant

Hi guys:

First off I want you all to know I am not a big time gamer, but I do alot of transcoding and encoding and Cuda is a big help, Cuda is actually Nvidias langauge that makes encoding and transcoding faster, much faster, it all depends on how many Cuda Cores are in the card. ATI has this also, its called Open CL. Intel got into the mix with Quick Sync. So since I like to do my homework and was ready to buy something nice, I of course asked forr Stans opinion. First we saw the GTX 690 which is actually an SLI setup in one card. The Egg had them for 359.00 with a lifetime warrantee but they were refurbs. By the time I made up my mind they were long sold out at that price, the 690GTX was 1,000 card when it came out. So I wound up with this, its brand new and has a full warrantee. I actually was thinking about the new  980GTX but this has more Cuda Cores.

Bob2701

Looks good Alan, let us know how it works out for you.  I’m in the same boat as you, not a gamer but do a bit of video work.  Good luck with it.

killjoyjim

I am a gamer.Send it to me and I will let ya know how well it works on BF4….lol

alan1476
    Participant

Thanks guys, that was my Xmas present to me LOL

Admin1

Congrats Alan, good choice !  now benchmark that sucker and post your results . I’ll be benchmarking my 2nd set of GTX690s today while I start taking taking photos of the In Win 707

Admin1

Alan, hows the GTX780 working out for you ?   I’m currently sitting here waiting for UPS to deliver my 3 EVGA GTX980Ti cards, with my luck they most likely will show up after 4 pm lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.