Fellow Adult Gamers: Don’t Be Pressured To Give Up Your Hobby!

Home Forums Gaming Fellow Adult Gamers: Don’t Be Pressured To Give Up Your Hobby!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/2015-Year-Quit-Gaming-69162.html

Most people who judge gamer’s, are the same people who waste their times watching tv or movies

Sunshyn
    Participant

Very good points. I like the part about countering adult gamer questioning with pointing out how those same questioners probably watch TV for hours on end every night.

JMRK
    Participant

A hobby is a hobby, if it’s not affecting your life or others around you who cares what it is.

A hobby is a hobby, if it’s not affecting your life or others around you who cares what it is.

This.

Sunshyn
    Participant

The looks and leery comments I’ve received may well have caused me to avoid any mention of gaming in similarly aged company. It doesn’t, though, because such mentions have so often turned up other enthusiastic gamers with whom I can exchange game recommendations and tips.

altshep123
    Participant

The issue for me is rarely about gaming itself.  It’s about the amount of time one spends time gaming or how consuming gaming can be for some people (myself very much included).  He makes a wonderful defense for why gaming is similar to other forms of entertainment, but 4hrs of gaming a night or 4hrs of watching tv a night or 4hrs of fantasy football a night all look equally bad. None of them are more “childish” than the other, but all are potentially detrimental if left unchecked.  For the casual gamer its not an issue.  For people who are consumed by games, it’s a very addicting pastime and the only criticism that should be made is of excess, which would apply to other ANY obsession as well. Where the threshold of excess lives is subjective. It might a be a few hours a week for someone and few hours a day for someone else, but there is certainly a limit healthy moves to unhealthy.

RealNeil
    Participant

My wife doesn’t care if I game on my PC. She complains if she wants to spend time together and I’m gaming, but I’d rather spend time with her any day.

My girlfriend is a gamer herself so it works great. I don’t have to hide my hobby. It’s always a good idea to have a relationship with someone who shares your interest be it not gaming something else you like.

Sunshyn
    Participant

Heh. When I start getting stressed or uptight my husband hands me my gaming stuff and tells me to go kill things. He isn’t a gamer himself but is certainly supportive. 

I try to fit in an hour or two every night to give me something to look forward to during the day. Don’t always manage it, but I try.

TeeBlack
    Participant

love my gaming and will never give it up! i even game with my son and his friends sometimes.

ghostamongyou
    Participant

The fact that I love games and am in my forties is the least of things that judgmental people would use to belittle me.  I don’t try to justify who I am to anyone anymore.  I’m just me.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I’m 45 and I game. A guy in my clan is in his mid to upper 60’s Screw those that don’t WANT TO TRY TO UNDERSTAND they are to dumb to imagine.

RealNeil
    Participant

I’m 62 and I love to game. End of story.

My reactions are not as fast as they used to be, but that doesn’t bother me one bit.

Bob2701

I’m 62 and I love to game. End of story.

My reactions are not as fast as they used to be, but that doesn’t bother me one bit.

Part of your wife’s rehab should be to start gaming.  lol

scalzado
    Keymaster

Totally agree on this, I’m in my 30s and people are always nagging me about why I still play video games! But, who cares! hahaha

As long as I can pay my bills, do my job well and live a decent life. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.