FrozenCpu.com Out of Business?

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team FrozenCpu.com Out of Business?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    TeeBlack
    Participant

just happen to see this video. what do you guys think? also there is a thread about this on OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1540656/unofficial-frozencpu-shuts-its-doors 

Admin1

Man that sucks, I used to buy a lot of water cooling gear from them, thanks for the post Tee !

killjoyjim

From what I have heard the owner is not shuting down.He did fire over half his staff & will be rehiring new . Then will get back to 100% agian.

Bob2701

Very sad.  Too many rumers floating around.

StaticFX
    Participant

its said to be running on a skeleton crew at the moment… not closing. I will try to swing by today and see if it says open/closed on the door.

TeeBlack
    Participant

well he should have made an annoucement on his website. something seems very fishy to me about this whole thing. until this whole thing is settled i wouldnt order anything from there for now.

Admin1

Tee. I don’t think he made the announcement, I believe it was one of the guys he fired trying to start trouble.

StaticFX
    Participant

it was… the owner Mark Friga (I think) contacted HardForum – they are still open

Admin1

Ive talked to Mark several times over the years, he seems to be a nice guy.

StaticFX
    Participant

well an interesting tidbit appeared…There are some pics kicking around that show the inside of the place.. the offices are trashed. Stuff everywhere! Even that awesome custom PC from mnpctech.. ON THE FLOOR. It seems that the owner flipped his lid and almost everyone quit.

TeeBlack
    Participant

so i just saw this video.

[[{“fid”:”60101550″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“alt”:”FrozenCPU Are they Closed?”,”class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

and these pics

[[{“fid”:”60101551″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]] [[{“fid”:”60101552″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

and Bill Owens Tech bench for FrozenCpu

[[{“fid”:”60101553″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

this was also spotted

[[{“fid”:”60101554″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

and a statement from Bill Owens from MNPCTech

It’s become apparent, after being emailed, texted, tweeted, fb messaged the same image repeatedly by friends, that I need to post my reaction here. Like I said, I would have never predicted the Frozen build getting more attention in destroyed state, but it’s oddly comforting to know it was quickly identified. I was messaged by close friends within a minute of it being posted. Imagine spending a year to create something unique then it’s deliberately pushed off a counter to be destroyed by somebody. I’m not bitter about it and I sincerly hope Mark seeks help. I know he has a little girl that loves him dearly. We were friends on facebook, before he closed his account from public. Last photo I saw of Mark was last year. He was driving to see his daughter on Father’s day. He posted more photos of his daughter than anyone else on facebook. Those of you who were friends with Mark would agree. You could tell that she was his “island of sanity” ..The public didn’t know Mark has been battling personal demons for a long time. Maybe this incident being shared with public was a good thing. Mark needs to know he has friends and customers that do care about him.
    Those of you who don’t know about FrozenCPU, need to know that Matthew “Bucky” Buckner works closely with Mark. I would imagine hes helping Mark get through this incident. Probably operating on little sleep to make sure orders are taken care of, cause that’s the type of guy he is. Mark told me once ,when I was stressed, “You need a Bucky too, Bill”

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmnpctech.com%2Ffrozencpu-tech-station-gaming-pc.html&h=tAQFtR46K&enc=AZMBJmg_iB4_4TJ0ZNOluau4_BlL3YigRN8nMLQvaqWe-bbvCZVedQ6b5cumWEUMVX3cP7iw8nMwkEO6mmEz7i_EpWAjbIgoeyYnF2DYIuGvAon1HM87DIT5q-RRSkj4jrQIzYpDI3vhOEZnBK-pA_ZqW19OaAWPe6Y56T50HG-ZIg&s=1

killjoyjim

I saw this also.It dont look good.

TeeBlack
    Participant

i dont know what’s going on but from what im hearing the owner did it. 

killjoyjim

I read yesterday that the owner was arested for DWI Friday night.

Admin1

I read yesterday that the owner was arested for DWI Friday night.

Jim, unless you see proof of the arrest, it’s just a rumor, every news paper in the US posts court news, so if he was arrested it would be in his local paper some time this week. Tee. I known Mark for years and I doubt he would have cased the destruction shown in the photos above, he has nothing to gain by destroying  his own property.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.