Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 Motherboard Review

Home Forums All about ProClockers ProClockers Reviews Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 Motherboard Review

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Draelren
    Participant

Skylake is here and there are quite a few changes with this new architecture. While CPU new architecture is exciting, it is not quite as exciting as all the new motherboards that come with it. Gigabyte decided to take advantage of this opportunity to make some major cosmetic changes to their Gaming line, especially on the upper end. New white motherboard armor with red and silver details adorns these new motherboards. The new cosmetics have a feel that is more reminiscent of a race car that a computer part.

The Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 was the first Z170 motherboard we have had on the test bench and was obviously designed to impress. The Z170X Gaming G1 raises the bar even further. For starters, the Z170X Gaming G1supports 6th Generation Intel Core processors and dual channel DDR4. There are dual PCI-E Gen3 x4 M.2 connectors with up to 32Gb/s data transfer and three SATA Express connectors for up to 16Gb/s data transfer.

There are also a few more unique features as well. There are 4-way graphics with a new meta EMl shielding over the PCI-E Slots and 16x,16x, 8x, 8x support via a PLX chip. Gigabyte’s Amp-up Audio is powered by the Creative Sound Recon3Di quad-core audio processor and features an upgradable OP-AMP. A massive CPU power delivery system has been added with built-in VRM water cooling support. The new LED RGB Trace Path lighting system features a wraparound design with a lit Gaming G1 logo.

All in all there are quite a few new features to get excited about.

Read More

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Shared this on my Facebook group for you.

killjoyjim

dam good review sir.

Bob2701

Thanks for a great review Heath.

Admin1

Hi Guys,  Heath’s not feeling to good so it may take him up to a week to answer any posts, it also looks like our Facebook Giveaway might have to be put on hold until heath feels better, or maybe I can have Mike run it, I’ll keep you guys updated.

Thanks

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Hi Guys,  Heath’s not feeling to good so it may take him up to a week to answer any posts, it also looks like our Facebook Giveaway might have to be put on hold until heath feels better, or maybe I can have Mike run it, I’ll keep you guys updated.

Thanks

I was wondering, thanks for letting us know and I hope he feels better.

killjoyjim

I hope you get well soon sir.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.