Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI Motherboard Review

Home Forums All about ProClockers ProClockers Reviews Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI Motherboard Review

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Draelren
    Participant

Skylake is here and there are quite a few changes with this new architecture. While CPU new architecture is exciting, it is not quite as exciting as all the new motherboards that come with it. The new Z170 chipset motherboards run the pricing gambit; coming in around $500, like the Gigabyte Gaming G1 we reviewed a short time ago, to the more affordable like the Z170XP-SLI we are reviewing today.

The Z170XP-SLI supports 6th Generation Intel Core processors and dual channel DDR4. There is a PCI-E Gen3 x4 M.2 connector with up to 32Gb/s data transfer and three SATA Express connectors for up to 16Gb/s data transfer. 2 way SLI and 3 way Crossfire are supported. On the networking side, Intel Gbe Gigabit LAN does the duties Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD Audio supplies your audio needs.

All in all there are quite a few new features to get excited about.

Read More

killjoyjim

I love the black

ychen
    Participant

Thanks for the review

Euro_Bucks
    Participant

sexy board but i really miss those chunky heatsinks made by gigabyte

fourpixel

I’m considering getting a GIGABYTE board again but will go for ITX build this time since our room is quite small. Anyway, Thanks for the review! Great job!

killjoyjim

I would love to try GIGABYTE.

zangza
    Participant

Such a nice looking board, Gigabyte keeps on kicking some you know what.  I would just need a mtching processor 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.