HDMI Splitter

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team HDMI Splitter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sir-diealot
    Participant

Could anyone suggest a decent HDMI Splitter for my TV it only has 2 HDMI ports and have more than that to plug in. I would like it to have a cord about 1 or 2 ft. long so it can sit on the table and not torque the imput. Thank you in advance.

Bob2701

This is the one I use Steve, I use it with a Logitec universal remote and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058M3RWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Sir-diealot
    Participant

This is the one I use Steve, I use it with a Logitec universal remote and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058M3RWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Thank you for the reply. Right now that is a bit more than I can afford with trying to pay for a trip to Oklahoma. I was kinda hoping for one that would be like one cord that splite into two ports kinda thing if you know what I mean. Kinda like this but for HDMI

[[{“fid”:”60120985″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

Bob2701

[quote=Bob2701]

Thank you for the reply. Right now that is a bit more than I can afford with trying to pay for a trip to Oklahoma. I was kinda hoping for one that would be like one cord that splite into two ports kinda thing if you know what I mean. Kinda like this but for HDMI

[[{“fid”:”60120985″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

[/quote]

OK, take a look at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D6YZXG/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2 

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Yes much better, thank you I will order in 2 weeks when I get paid again!

Bob2701

Don’t forget to get additional HDMI cables.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Don’t forget to get additional HDMI cables.

Thanks, I have one going from the computer to the TV and then from the DTV receiver to the TV which is not hooked up right now as I chose to leave it off so I could have more money for my trip to OK and then I have the Blu-ray player and one other unit hooked to the TV. If every I can finish building this PC I want to get a 7.1 or 8.1 stereo receiver as I am still running Dolby Stereo from the 80’s through my TV and am told the new receivers use HDMI to connect through the TV’s now.

Bob2701

Looks like you are going to need to save some money for a universal remote to make your life easier.  I use the Logitec Harmony One (Older version $250) which controls everything, if I want the tv I click one button and it turns on the cable box, tv, and receiver and sets both the tv and receiver to the correct inputs.  If I want to watch my Roku, I press a different button and it turns off the cable box and sets the receiver to the input for the Roku.  Right now I can switch between Cable, DVD, Roku, and CD and the one remote does everything. Best investment I ever made.

anonynamja

Powered or unpowered? Do you need HDCP bypass?

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Looks like you are going to need to save some money for a universal remote to make your life easier.  I use the Logitec Harmony One (Older version $250) which controls everything, if I want the tv I click one button and it turns on the cable box, tv, and receiver and sets both the tv and receiver to the correct inputs.  If I want to watch my Roku, I press a different button and it turns off the cable box and sets the receiver to the input for the Roku.  Right now I can switch between Cable, DVD, Roku, and CD and the one remote does everything. Best investment I ever made.

Way to much money for me to spend, I will live with the 4 remotes for now. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Honestly not sure what that all means, just need more ports so I don’t have to keep unplugging and plugging things back in. If ports were on right hand side of the TV it would be no problem but they are on left side and I have some problems with the left hand.

Bob2701

Not sure what you are referring to with the powered or unpowered, if you mean the HDMI switch then yes it is powered.

As far as HDCP, that does not come into play at all.  He is just steering his inputs.

Sunshyn
    Participant

Thanks, I have one going from the computer to the TV and then from the DTV receiver to the TV which is not hooked up right now as I chose to leave it off so I could have more money for my trip to OK and then I have the Blu-ray player and one other unit hooked to the TV. If every I can finish building this PC I want to get a 7.1 or 8.1 stereo receiver as I am still running Dolby Stereo from the 80’s through my TV and am told the new receivers use HDMI to connect through the TV’s now.

Yeh. I use my reciever (which is not new, maybe ~5 years old). I was terribly impressed I could do that, and it works great, though I’m picky and don’t like running my gaming computer video through the receiver with HDMI because it seems to mess with the quality some so that one gets sound through the receiver and video goes direct from PC via Displayport. 

Sir-diealot
    Participant

My headset is hammered so I am thinking of running the sound through the TV as this $15.00 headset I am using is horrible.

anonynamja

You mean using your TV as both display and speaker? Possible, but you’d have to account for screen distance, resolution etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.