Help needed with my SSD

Home Forums Hardware Storage Help needed with my SSD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sam-R2D2

Hi! I purchased a Transcend SSD370 512GB model, did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 and ran the benchmark softwares. To my surprise, results were much lower(especially 4k read/write) as compared to what I’ve seen among the benchmark sites, this one is from right here.

Here are my system Specs:
    System: HP Pavilion DV6-6109tx
    Chipset: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family
    SATA Transfer Rate: 6Gb/s

1. I’ve installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology software and disabled “Link Power Management” from Performance tab. So the question is, are my benchmark scores lower than expected because I have created two partitions in this drive and running OS from it as well? If not, can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

2. Secondly, when I’m running laptop on battery, benchmark scores get even lower, especially 4K read/writes. Is there a way to make SSD give full performance on battery too without having to switch to High Performance power plan? I tried looking but couldn’t find an option in advanced power settings.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please ask whichever details you require to understand this problem.

I’ve tried asking in another forum and didn’t get a satisfactory answer, tried in another one and my post was held for moderation because I was a new member. I really hope you guys can help me out here.

Regards.

P.S Attaching Screenshots of Benchmark Results.

Sam-R2D2

Guess this is hopeless.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.