How To Disable Cortana In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Home Forums Hardware Software How To Disable Cortana In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

With the Windows 10, Anniversary Update everyone will be able to use Cortana but if you do not want to here is how you can disable it. Follow these simple steps in order to do just that.

1. Click Cortana
    2. Choose Notebook
    3. Choose About me
    4. Select User Account
    5. Select Sign Out

Once you have gone through these steps in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Cortana will revert back to the traditional search you had earlier.

How To Disable Cortana In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Thanks man, but how to permanently disable it so it doesn’t run background task?

Royal Delinquent
    Participant

I think this here might answer your question… correct me if i´m wrong please.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/265027/how-to-disable-cortana-in-windows-10/

altereDad
    Participant

Depends on the version, check to see if you can disable via gpedit.msc first.

SteveOx1

I thought that running Cortana would drive me nuts but it doesn’t bother me but then again I only use the “Ask me anything” bar to search my own PC.  I tried to linking my Android to my PC to get notifications on the desktop but I still haven’t seen any.

You’re suppose to download Cortana to your droid and in the settings allow to sync with your desktop.

But, I still haven’t seen any..lol

Ox

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.