HP 2000-2b09wm Hard drive upgrade and reloading original Software from recovary

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team HP 2000-2b09wm Hard drive upgrade and reloading original Software from recovary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    amdcrankitup
    Participant

Just out of curiosity Im planning on installing  a New HD 240 GB SSD for a performance point of view on my Laptop HP 2000-2b09wm should I have any concerns with Activation with the current Windows 8 operating system? Im using the original recovary partition to a USB disk to instal from or can I expect it to accept the drive with no issues? Also Im going to upgrade the Ram to its max of 8gigs with a faster ram from crucial the as well compatable and faster! Any info would be great the upgrade is for performance reasons entirely! I always have the NEED FOR Speed like everyone!!! Thanks Guys LOL!

Yes
    Participant

What brand and model are you upgrading to?  Some of them come with cloning software. I really like the Samsung EVO models, they come with it. Not sure if you have two hard drive ports though.  You can install the software on a desktop and attach both drives and complete that way.

When you clone you don’t need to reactivate windows.

Hope this helps.

amdcrankitup
    Participant

I used system recovary I cloned to a USB Stick and loaded it to my HP 2000 and it worked perfect no activation problems regarding Windows at all! Insatlling the Harddrive with a Patriot 240 SSD made a very nice performance upgrade and using Crystal Mark ver 5.12 scored advertized speeds! very impressed! memory upgrade next! Thanks for the comment!            [[{“fid”:”60120917″,”view_mode”:”default”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null}]]Thanks to Patriot, Stan and Pro Clockers for this Patriot  240 Blast Drive from the Summer Giveaway 2016!                                            [[{“fid”:”60120918″,”view_mode”:”default”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null}]]                                          

Yes
    Participant

I haven’t tried any Patriot drives yet but they look impressive!  Glad it worked out for you!

SSD’s make all the difference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.