I’m Outta Here

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team I’m Outta Here

• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Admin1.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jtheater
    Participant

Well, the Air Force has said your time is done in AZ and it’s time for you to move.  Moving 6 times in 20 years is pretty difficult on the family.  I know from experience that I need to move my PC myself since they destroyed my last one.  This should be my last stop before I finally retire.  

I built my desk from scratch in 2011.  It took me aound 5 months to complete since I was sent to school right in the middle of creating it.  It had about 4 coats of lacquer on it, I wetsanded it so it had a black mirror finish.  I spent hours upon hours on it between drying time and sanding.  When they unloaded it of the moving truck when I first got here, the entire desktop was scratched like they dragged it across the concrete.  I was at a loss for words.  

Anyone else have any nighmares moving?  

jtheater
    Participant

This is what she looked like when I first finished it.  Don’t mind the mess 😛

altereDad
    Participant

Looks good. I’ve never used a mover. I’ve done the work myself. Any mistakes were my own.

Admin1

Question is, where are yopu moving to ?

Bob2701

I think he is on his way to Georgia Stan.

Yes
    Participant

Been in the Canadian army over 34 years now and my father was in over 38 years. Growing up I got used to moving.  Met alot of people, and left friends behind, but reconnected later in life. Its all part of the military, but takes a special family to endure as well.

Best of luck in your new home!

killjoyjim

True. Mu youngest son Alex who is now 19 has been in the ARMY for two years now and has moved 3 time’s. He loves ithe ARMY.

Yes
    Participant

I always looked at it as an adventure.  growing up it was a huge geography lesson!  We managed to see most of the country growing up, and visited almost all our relatives as well.

RealNeil
    Participant

I'm a military brat and our family (my father) was stationed all over the world. (Japan, Saudi Arabia, England, and Germany)

We met people from many cultures and made friends wherever we went. As long as you respect one another's viewpoints and keep religion out of the mix, it's easy to get along.

Admin1

Neil, so how is it that you never enlisted ?    They wouldn’t take me lol I think I was classified as a 4F or maybe 4H something like that it was over 45 years ago, so I really don’t remember..

All I remember was wal,king overthere with a couple of friends when we watched this guy jump off the overpass and in front lof a tractor trailer, man I’ll never forget the sound of hiom hitting the front of the trailer and his head rolling around on the ground. That was the first time I ever watched someone kill themselves .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.