In Win D Frame Mini Case Review

Home Forums All about ProClockers ProClockers Reviews In Win D Frame Mini Case Review

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    TekLord

The In Win D Frame Mini is very much like its sibling. It features similar aluminum tube open air construction. It has temper glass side panel like just its big brother too. The Mini however has two distinct differences; its appearance is more subdued and it is an ITX form factor. This much smaller form factor could allow it to be used in places the larger D Frame cannot, such as in a small office or a home theater application. It also allows it to more easily travel with you, to say a LAN event.

Read More

killjoyjim

Thats a cool case. Would love to do a build in one.

Admin1

Great review Heath, and you did an excellent job bending the tubing !

TekLord

The case just begs to be modded. I’ve already seen one fitted with an ATX motherboard. That’s a bit crazy. It’s going to be really interesting to see what else the modding community comes up with. I know I have a few ideas floating around in my head. 😉

Bob2701

Great review Heath, thanks.

PM_DMNKLR
    Participant

Nice review. 🙂 Since I didn’t see any notation in the article though, I have to ask here. Is the glass panel completely flat, or are there any angles to it?

Admin1

Nice review. 🙂 Since I didn’t see any notation in the article though, I have to ask here. Is the glass panel completely flat, or are there any angles to it?

Hi Ron, the side panels on the D Frame Mini and completely flat, just like it’s big brother the D Frame Limited Edition

PM_DMNKLR
    Participant

Hi Ron, the side panels on the D Frame Mini and completely flat, just like it’s big brother the D Frame Limited Edition

Sounds good. That tells me that making a custom acrylic, wood, metal or plastic replacement would be fairly easy to do (generally speaking). I’d like to see a red transparent acrylic panel, with some nice etching/cutout work done on it. That would look pretty slick.

Thanks for the info. 🙂

killjoyjim

Its a cool case for sure.

TekLord

[quote=Admin1]

Sounds good. That tells me that making a custom acrylic, wood, metal or plastic replacement would be fairly easy to do (generally speaking). I’d like to see a red transparent acrylic panel, with some nice etching/cutout work done on it. That would look pretty slick.

Thanks for the info. 🙂

[/quote]

I think Mnpctech.com is already working on side panels. I have the equipment to turn them out as well.

killjoyjim

Hey Ron I know were you can get custom cut acrylic. Its a place in Ohio called Freckelface.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVr_75ppUI68AdwkPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMG04Z2o2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw–/RV=2/RE=1419466619/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.freckleface.com%2f/RK=0/RS=PXsPkl5VDBQRlWt.J2a3_qCJ6Us-

ace

i saw your build at PDXLAN 24-5, can’t remember, one of those ones lol.. and it was pretty solid, snapped a couple pictures of it passing by with an ausy friend lol

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I always thought I would like to do a build in a case like this. Not nessasaraly this small but that style anyway. Looks great.

killjoyjim

I want to get a yellow one. love the looks of this case.

tnecniv102
    Participant

nice review makes me wanna own one. smiley

but no local seller and shipping is bad idea here in our country.. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.