Intel 10th Gen

Home Forums Hardware Processors Intel 10th Gen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Petros Bakolas
    Participant

https://www.cnet.com/news/intel-core-i9-10900k-edges-up-to-5-3ghz-10-cores-for-gaming-desktops/
    Just got in the hand of reviewers! Still need to wait some time for the review embargo though. I am not so sure though if they will be worth the money for the update as you also will need a new mobo. Probably next gen will be much more worth that this one. Until then sticking with RYZEN!!!

Nick Henson
    Participant

Im working on the i9 10900k as well. But this is for a general thing, what do you think about PCIe bandwith. I feel as if extra PCIe slots are worth less when M.2 slots take up x4 at a time and at most, pc users have 2 M.2 SSDs, which puts you in a tough position for say SLI, or Soundcards. Etc. Do you think Intel and AMD would be better off Adding more PCIe lanes to the more consumer user?

Petros Bakolas
    Participant

Well i thing what AMD did with the last gen of ryzen is quite good and a middle ground. 16 lanes for GPUS, Soundcards and other expansions* 4 just for M.2* and another 4 for the chipset.
    Considering that those are PCI-E gen4 i think the bandwith is enough (even for SLI). More correctly if gpus start using more the PCI-E gen4 standard i think it would be enough, as most gpus don’t really need more than 8 PCI-E gen3 lanes(except very high end ones), meaning they dont need more than 4 PCI-E gen4 lanes(as they are double the bandwith). Respectively even Gen4 M.2 don’t fully saturate the 4 lanes that are given to them.
    So i think manufacturers need to generaly move all kinds of products to PCI-E gen4 so that they can use less lanes, and probably (for the consumer platforms) AMD and Intel add 4 for lanes than what AMD offers now. That would be Perfect in my opinion!!!

Nick Henson
    Participant

That honestly would be perfect. AMD is looking to be in the lead, i wonder if AMD would make their gpus more in line with gen 4. Intel is far behind on getting to gen 4, we most likely wouldnt see any bump till 11th gen comes out. Im defiantly starting to lean AMD. And it seems the tech world is leaning that way as well. What do you think of the new i9 though? Im def digging it, thats all i can say.

Petros Bakolas
    Participant

Well we will have to see the reviews first to see the performance. But as i see it, the new i9 will still be the king for games. Other than that it most likely will be a 9900K with 2 more cores. There isn’t any other significant change. But of course we shall see in the near future!
    Ι heard too that Intel will be going for gen4 with the 11th gen. But by then, as it seems, AMD will have even DDR5 😂. In terms of technological advancements AMD will have the lead for quite some time.
    Back to the 10900K, we still have to wait for next gen Ryzen that will be released sometime this year, so fingers crossed 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.