Intel’s Compute Stick goes on sale for $149 with Windows 8.1

Home Forums Hardware Portable Computing Intel’s Compute Stick goes on sale for $149 with Windows 8.1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Is Intel’s Compute Stick a solution looking for a problem, or is this PC the size of a USB stick a solution to a problem you didn’t you know you had?

You know, like dude, I can’t stand my so-called smart TV’s pathetic browser and horrible remote control interface. Or maybe you want something you can slip into your front pocket, just in case you need access to a computer.

The latter is the strongest appeal of the Compute Stick. Paired with a good keyboard and mouse (I recommend Logitech’s K400 or K830 for a living room experience) you can turn your average dumb TV into the class valedictorian.

It’s literally a complete mini PC, powered by micro USB. It plugs into any full-size HDMI port. As a way to make any TV or HDMI monitor into a smart device, the Compute Stick is without equal in portability, price and size. As a truly portable computing device you’ll take everywhere with you, well, I’m not quite sure it works.

Article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2911078/intel-compute-stick-review-it-could-make-your-tv-smart-but-its-short-on-other-use-cases.html

killjoyjim

wow.That is cool.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.