Internet Bottlekneck Software?? Who knew

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team Internet Bottlekneck Software?? Who knew

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SteveOx1

So as I upgraded my internet a couple of weeks ago I noticed going from a Wireless card to straight plug in to the modem;  my speeds were still way below expected. After a couple of hours of flushing the DNS and downgrading/upgrading my Ethernet adapter, I came across a post talking about a system app that came along with the ASrock motherboards that were shipped with the boards to boost internet connection that were actually throttling the connection.

Im running a Gigabyte board and I new mines’ came with a LAN optimizer that I never used but sat in my task bar running for over two years. I never gave it much thought as I didn’t think this software really worked..    Well low and behold after a few hours of banging my head against the wall I uninstalled it and BOOM instant speed.   I couldn’t believe it and thought I’d share that tidbit of info in case it may help someone else who is having these issues

Ox

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.