Is It Time To Upgrade Your Core i5 2500K?

Home Forums Hardware Processors Is It Time To Upgrade Your Core i5 2500K?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

“It’s THE classic i5 processor. Many still swear by it today. The question is, does it still hold up to this generation’s most demanding titles? Rich goes in-depth and stacks up the classic i5 against the modern Skylakes in a number of theoretical and practical gaming tests.”

RealNeil
    Participant

i5-2500K CPUs have been a mainstay for many of us for a long time. The same goes for i7-2600K and i7-2700Ks.

Yes, the newest technology is a little faster, but unlocked Z68 systems delivered a lot of performance for the money spent. Not every platform change gives as much relevant longevity for gaming.

My 2600K went to a new home about three months ago. It was replaced by a 4790Ksystem that really churns out the FPS.

Admin1

The 2600K & 2700K were always great chips, so it’s easy to see why a lot of people still have them.

kudrman
    Participant

I am glad that the process and to this day. I think there is no sense to change to something new the next two years. And only above 6700K or higher

Royal Delinquent
    Participant

I´m planning on sticking with my 4690K as long as possible… some people say a 3 year upgrade pattern is realistic but i´ve seen some pretty good results coming from systems that are still rocking 2500Ks. So i´m guessing since i still have no need to overclock, i should be safe for a couple of years. 🙂

TeeBlack
    Participant

my son is still using my old 2500k. it’s good enough for what he does on the computer.

chaython
    Participant

only upgrade when somone is scamming retail edge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.