K&N Air cleaners

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team K&N Air cleaners

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RealNeil
    Participant

So my wife and I just bought a 12 Passenger 2015 Ford Transit XLT van.

We got it for the cavernous room that it has inside, once the seats are taken out.

We plan to use it for missionary work. (we take food, toys, and clothing to people in need) The more room inside, the better.

This is an F350 (one-ton rated) and it’s really heavy-duty. You can imagine my surprise when I discovered that it has a six-cylinder engine in it.

It was pretty peppy when I bought it, but I bought a K&N Air Cleaner for it today. I put it into the van and drove it to test it out.

Holy Crap!!                             Jeez-Louise!!

Not only is it more powerful, but it’s shifting is a lot smoother too!

I’ve been using K&N filters in all of my cars for years, but this one makes the most difference out of them all.

I’m taking it on a road trip to Pennsylvania on Sunday to test the mileage difference out. I’ll post back on my results next week.

This is it below. It’s road manners are very good. It’s smooth and corners much better than I thought it would.

Admin1

NIce Van Neil, congrats !   I use a K&N intake system on my 2007 Hummer and I love it, if you have a chance to, you should try the complete system instead of just the filter, it’s expensive, but well worth it.  Good luvk with the new van, do you have any problems getting into it ?

RealNeil
    Participant

I have to stretch to get in, and I have to go slow getting out. When it’s icy, I won’t be driving it. I’ll use the 4X4 Tacoma instead.

I bought a complete K&N system for the Tacoma and I didn’t like it.

The filter wouldn’t stay on properly and I got tired of opening my hood to find it laying inside and no filter on the engine.

It sucked. (no pun intended)

I just use the filters inside the factory boxes and I get better mileage and power. It works for me.

Bob2701

Very nice van indeed.  I wish they were around when I was doing service work instead of the puny Astro van we had.  Good luck with it.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Nice van. As someone that was once homeless let me say thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.