Mineral Oil Submerged PC Build

Home Forums Show & Tell Mineral Oil Submerged PC Build

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

This is awsome, can't wait to see the testing/overclocking

Bob2701

WOW…..

ghostamongyou
    Participant

What's next, an aquarium mod?  lol

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

I ve watched all 3 episodes and had my doubts at first, But this just blows me away. Its phenomenal! I am convinced that I will some day do a build like that.

KnowNothingMan
    Participant

To bad Puget systems had to stop making the kits as another company says they are breaking a patent. Is a cool build can't wait for part 4 were the will see the idle temps and how much everything can be overclocked. http://www.pugetsystems.com/nav/aquarium/mATX/customize.php

jtheater
    Participant

Must be nice to have all that cash. 

Admin1

This is nothing new, people have been building these systems for 4-5 years, yes it nice to look at but they are very expensive and the last time I checked  a  high-end custom water cooled build still produced better temps, and was much cheaper to build.

[[{“fid”:”60099367″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“alt”:”Mineral Oil Cooled PC Part 4 – Q&A”,”class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

PM_DMNKLR
    Participant

I want to see a build like this, but done with liquid oxygen or liquid helium, lol.

altshep123
    Participant

I swear I’ve seen this done YEARS ago.  It was submerged in a non-conductive oil or gel with pipes that routed to a liquid nitrogen resevoir.  The pipes simply kept the gel well below zero along with all the parts inside. Maybe it was mineral oil???

StaticFX
    Participant

I swear I’ve seen this done YEARS ago.  It was submerged in a non-conductive oil or gel with pipes that routed to a liquid nitrogen resevoir.  The pipes simply kept the gel well below zero along with all the parts inside. Maybe it was mineral oil???

yeah, mineral oil… I remember first seeing it done many years ago

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I saw this done many years ago, but it still fascinates me. Could you imagine the mess if it leaked though?!

killerj
    Participant

way cool man for sure.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.