Ms. Purple Redux – EVGA Hadron Hydro by Tek by Design

Home Forums Show & Tell Ms. Purple Redux – EVGA Hadron Hydro by Tek by Design

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TekLord

In February 2014 at PDXLAN 23 in Portland Oregon, a gang of selfless attendees gathered together to honor the memory of Philip Scholz. Phil, a NVIDIA representative, lost his life in a tragic accident while attempting to save others. Phil was well known and equally well loved.

Philip Scholz ~ Phils Foundation: “Philip Scholz died Monday, January 20th, 2014 when he pulled another man off the train tracks at the Santa Clara Caltrain Station. Emily Scholz formed Phil’s Foundation to organize those who remember him so that all the giving Phil did during his life could continue after his death. Your donations to Phil’s Foundation will be used to provide scholarship opportunities to needs based youth and promote outdoor physical activities involving Phil’s favorite pastime, baseball.
    If you or someone you know would like assistance planning a fundraiser in Phil’s honor please contact us at
    The Philip Scholz Memorial Foundation,
    2930 Bowers Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95051.”

A call went out to many of the PDXLAN more well known modders and builders.
    Ron Lee Christianson, Lee Harrington, Mike Landenberger , Richard Surroz , Jeff Dgephri Kaiser , Rod Rosenberg, and Bob Stewert  answered. Manufacturers EVGA, NVIDIA, EKWB, Intel, ADATA, Lutro0 Customs, Primochill, Thermaltake all joined in to parts and supplies.                                       

A total of three complete builds were, along with other goodies, offered up for raffle. Each build was given a name that represented its main color; dubbed Mr. Green, Mr. Blue, and Ms. Purple. I was lucky enough to win the Ms. Purple build. I was ecstatic.

Soon Ms. Purple was home and instantly my wife fell in love with her. I gamed with Ms. Purple and she was even used as a test bed for many of my early memory reviewers with Pro Clockers. After a while though I found myself robbing parts for various other projects and it wasn’t too long before Ms. Purple was an empty shell.

About a year after bringing her home, my mind started thinking of my friend and the idea of bringing her back to life soon came to the forefront. I slowly started gathering parts to rebuild her. I Knew I wanted to make a few subtle changes, but I don’t do subtle very well. Ms. Purple would become my wife’s PC and it needed to reflect both Bob Stewart and Rod Rosenburg’s vision, but also fit her’s as well.

Originally, Ms. Purple was supposed to have an EKWB CPU loop. However, due to time constraints, a Corsair H100 was fitted instead. This would be rectified. There were also a few details that needed to be addressed, like the wire management. I sat down and drew out a plan of attack. Both my wife and I are rather happy with the results. After showing both Bob and Rod the finished product, I’m happy to say they are as well.

– Components –

EVGA Hadron Hydro w/ Purple Pearl Powdercoating by BS Mods
    EVGA Z87 Stinger
    Intel Pentium G3258 CPU
    PNY GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB
    Transcend aXeRAM 16GB 2133MHz DDR3 Memory
    EVGA 500W 80Plus Gold Power Supply
    OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD

– Cooling –

EKWB Supremacy EVO CPU Waterblock
    EKWB EK-FC750 GTX GPU Waterblock
    Alphacool DC-LT Water Pump
    Primochill CTR Phase II Reservoir
    Primochill Rigid Revolver Fittings
    Hardware Labs Black Ice GTS 240mm Radiator (Performance-PCS.comPurple Edition)
    Mayhems X1 Coolant (Custom Mixed Color Shifting UV Turquoise)
    2x Cooler Master JetFlo 120 Fans

– Miscellaneous –

Tek by Design Custom GPU Backplate
    Tek by Design Proline Stainless Steel Fasteners
    Lutro0 Customs Teleios Sleeving

killjoyjim

That looks cool.

Bob2701

Awesome!!!

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Really like the color of the liquid.

GTSLICK44
    Participant

What an absolutely beautiful rig! Love that shade of Purple!!!

TekLord

It’s a fun little rig and I love the history behind it. It’s sure to stay in our family for many years to come. I was able to bring her back to PDXLAN, so everyone could see her.

[[{“fid”:”60119850″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“style”:”height: 601px; width: 800px;”,”class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]
    [[{“fid”:”60119851″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:”Ms. Purple – Tek by Design/BS Mods”,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“alt”:”Ms. Purple – Tek by Design/BS Mods”,”style”:”height: 600px; width: 800px;”,”class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]
    [[{“fid”:”60119852″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“style”:”height: 600px; width: 800px;”,”class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]
    [[{“fid”:”60119853″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“style”:”height: 600px; width: 800px;”,”class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

Bob2701

Thanks for the pictures, sweet little box…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.