MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard Review

Home Forums All about ProClockers ProClockers Reviews MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard Review

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike.P

Introduction

MSI is offering a lot of different options for those looking for a Z97 chipset-based motherboard. First they have the classis, gaming and overclocking series; now they have added the Eco series and some Krait edition motherboards. Hence, the gaming series is perhaps the more popular option for builders and gamers today with it having a black and red theme board and with it built for specifically for gaming. Today, we will be looking at one of the gaming series boards, the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard.

READ MORE

ghostamongyou
    Participant

If Ferrari made a motherboard, I think it would look something like this.  That is a very stylish and attractive board.

killjoyjim

I love MSI

RealNeil
    Participant

I like MSI’s Gaming edition products. I have a Z87 G45 Gaming Mainboard and I’m getting ready to install an MSI R9-290X-OC Gaming GPU into it.

They look great together.

Overall it’s a potent gamer and runs steady as a rock. MSI makes very nice components.

Good review Mike.

Bob2701

I have used a couple of MSI’s boards and really like how well made they are.  Maybe for my next build….

StaticFX
    Participant

thats the board I have now.. its fantastic. Combo the MSI Fast boot with win 8.1 and an SSD, and I am cold boot to desktop (where I can start an app) in about 4 seconds. Its crazy fast!

Yes
    Participant

MSI has come a long way.  Awesome products.  Their new boards look good

nyne7lac
    Participant

I never used a MSI product until this year. I bought a second hand laptop made by MSI and it’s everything I could ask for. Now that I am building a new rig I’m contemplating this MB. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it

StaticFX
    Participant

Love it still… i think the only thing I wish it had was dual Bios… but thats the gaming 7

ace

i have sported MSI for my last 4 builds. They are rock solid. I had to rma one board for a bad bios and they were super easy to deal with. Great review!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.