My review of the Metropolitan ED500 DataVac 120 Volt Electric Duster

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team My review of the Metropolitan ED500 DataVac 120 Volt Electric Duster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sir-diealot
    Participant

Got my Datavac air duster in this week and thought I would share what it came with and my opinion of it. First I will tell you what the attachments are.

1. A Micro cleaning tool (I will explain this shortly
    2. A Blower Nozzle (Large piece next to white paper)
    3. An Air Flare (Part that looks like a fan to bottom left of blue paper)
    4. A Micro Crevice Tool (Smallest part in picture)
    5. A Flex Neck Extension Wand (Long thin part)
    6. Micro Dusting Brush (Just to left of the Flex Neck Extension Wand)
    7. A .75 HP, 4.0 Amp, 500 Watt, 70 CFM Motor which is the heart of the entire setup.

The Micro cleaning tool Pictured Far right under the blue paper is an adapter that fits onto the blower and is held in place by a small button on the blower unit that pushes down and then comes up into a hole to hold it in place. You will attach the other pieces of equipment to this in (See picture on blue paper on far right of picture) order to get into some of the more delicate areas of your computer to clean it and it should be noted that there is a small hole in this that reduces the pressure that comes out of the desired attachment so as not to damage any of your compute components. The A Micro Crevice Tool, Flex Neck Extension Wand will attach to this as well as the Micro Dusting Brush.

The Blower Nozzle connects to the blower unit but does not employ the push button in order to keep it in place but does not seem to need it anyway.

Thoughts, I did not use every single piece here yet but I did use the A Blower Nozzle to do the main blow out of my rig, on the motherboard and throughout the rig in larger areas and then used the Flex Neck Extension Wand to blow out the PSU as well as I could while making sure the fan did not spin and also cleaned the water cooling fans and radiator and GPU fans again making sure not to let the fans spin and must say I am happy with the job that this unit did on all of them.

The one and only change I would make to this is to make the handle a bit larger as I can’t pass my second knuckles through it. (Though I do have rather large hands)

I did notice that the filter on the blower unit picked up quite a but of dust so I took that out and rinsed it in the kitchen sink and it is sitting in the dish drainer now until it is dry.

Oh the paperwork that came with the unit is as follows: Registration and warranty postcard, Limited 1 Year Guarantee listing what is and is not covered, instruction manual, operating manual and safety guide, Advertising circular to share with others, replacement parts order form, Micro Cleaning kit instructions and a circular with coupons for purchasing their other products.

Oh I forgot to mention that the electric cord on this is heavy duty and about 12 feet long. (365.76 cm Long) and the unit can be purchased with electrical plugs for various countries sockets.

My opinion so far is that I would highly suggest this to anyone, I paid $59.99 on Newegg including shipping and you will save that in no time by no longer purchasing caned air at $7.00 a pop.

Hope you like my review.

killjoyjim

Nice I wish I had one.can air is costly.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Nice I wish I had one.can air is costly.

Yea sure is, have heard nothing but good about these.

Bob2701

Thanks for the good review Steve.  One thing to note is i guess they made a change to the power cord, mine and the one in the picture is between 11 and 12 foot long.  Which is great because I use mine only outside and it reaches my outlet without a problem.

A great addition to anyones bench.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks for the good review Steve.  One thing to note is i guess they made a change to the power cord, mine and the one in the picture is between 11 and 12 foot long.  Which is great because I use mine only outside and it reaches my outlet without a problem.

A great addition to anyones bench.

After reading this comment I went and looked for my measuring tape but could not find it. So what I did is knowing I am 5’11” I set the Datavac blower unit on the carpet and held the cord as high as it would go and still have the plug touching the unit and it is indeed around the 12′ mark as it was just above my head that way. I will go above now and fix that, thanks for making me double check. I really have to find my measuring tape, I am horrible at estamating distance.

RealNeil
    Participant

Having strong air blowing on your PC is the best way to clean it. I also use a 2″ quality paintbrush to knock loose stray dirt while I’m using my source of air.

As for the source,…………..I have a Sears Shop-Vac. (6HP and 160MPH wind speed)  

I use the concentrator nozzle and the paintbrush together to keep fans from over spinning.

This is by far the best cleaning method I’ve ever tried. 

Your little blower looks good to me too Steve. I think that Stan has one of them too.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Having strong air blowing on your PC is the best way to clean it. I also use a 2″ quality paintbrush to knock loose stray dirt while I’m using my source of air.

As for the source,…………..I have a Sears Shop-Vac. (6HP and 160MPH wind speed)  

I use the concentrator nozzle and the paintbrush together to keep fans from over spinning.

This is by far the best cleaning method I’ve ever tried. 

Your little blower looks good to me too Steve. I think that Stan has one of them too.

It is a nice little unit. I think the one little brush tool would work in place of your paintbrush, when you use the addapter there is a little hole in it to lower the air pressure so it does not damage your unit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.