My review on Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Grease – 3ml

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team My review on Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut High Performance Thermal Grease – 3ml

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nanoxia_10

I delidded my i7 3770K to replace the stock thermal interface material (TIM) that Intel puts between the CPU chip and the underside of the integrated heat spreader (IHS). After much research I decided to replace the stock CPU TIM with some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. I wanted a grease that was meant for overclocking. Before I could only get my chip stable using Prime95 at 4.2 GHz. If I clocked it any higher my temps would reach its limit in a few seconds (85-105°C) After I delidded my chip and applied Kryonaut to the chip and lid, I was able to get 4.6 GHz stable running Prime95 for 1 HR

I was able to drop my temps by 24°C let alone have the ability to even try a higher overclock than 4.2 GHz stable using Prime95. Kryonaut open the doors to push my chip to the limits in a safe manner. An added benefit was reducing power consumption of the the CPU by ~10%. If your interested in overclocking then TG Kryonaut is a must!

Pros:
    – Decreased my temps by 24°C
    – Applicator serves as a spatula making it so easy to apply the grease
    – Lowest temps I’ve ever reached overclocking
    – Comes with 2 applicators and a long term storage bag

Cons:
    – None

My water cooling components:
    Heatkiller IV Pro acrylic clean CPU water block
    7990 GPU water block
    200mm Phobya radiator
    240mm Black ice radiator
    XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir/D5 Vario Pump Combo
    13mm PETG tubing
    Distilled water with PT Nuke

Here is the link from PerformancePCS where I purchased the Kryonaut

http://www.performance-pcs.com/thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-hgh-performance-thermal-grease-3ml.html

Hope you like my review

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Nice review. How do you feel it would work with a X99 gaming computer? I have always used  Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound

nanoxia_10

I have used Artic Silver, Artic MX-4 and EK Ectotherm in the past. Since this was the first time I have delidded my intel chip I wanted to try a new product that was taylor made for overclocking. The products made by Artic have been around for over 5 years and EK Ectotherm is really made for GPU’s. All high end products but I feel Kryonaut is industrial strength and handles overclocking temps amazingly which enabled my chip to reach max performance with safe temps. So I feel you would get lower temps using Kryonaut for your X99 rig. I’ve put it to the test and it’s my new go-to thermal paste.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I have used Artic Silver, Artic MX-4 and EK Ectotherm in the past. Since this was the first time I have delidded my intel chip I wanted to try a new product that was taylor made for overclocking. The products made by Artic have been around for over 5 years and EK Ectotherm is really made for GPU’s. All high end products but I feel Kryonaut is industrial strength and handles overclocking temps amazingly which enabled my chip to reach max performance with safe temps. So I feel you would get lower temps using Kryonaut for your X99 rig. I’ve put it to the test and it’s my new go-to thermal paste.

Thank you for the reply. I have to be honest with you, I had to look up the word “delidded” I had never seen/heard it before. Sounds both fun and nearve racking. If I ever reset my chip I will have to give that stuff a try, won’t be for a while though, I am trying to get a Cosmos II case and 2 of the OG Matrix Platinum GTX 980 Ti by May so money is all going there for now. (And into the GF’s car darnit)

lordofwar
    Participant

Good review, thanks! 

nanoxia_10

There are many Youtube videos on how to delid your chip. I used feather thin razor blades to slowly cut away all the stock glue. It was a fun and easy project but needed the right thermal paste to complete it. Kryonaut is industrial strength thermal paste and was taylor made for projects like delidding.

I think you made a good choice on your future case. I’ve always prefered the Cosmos II over the 900D. Twin 980 TI will have you gaming in 4K with no problem! Sounds like you have a fun project ahead!

@lordofwar thanks

Kanged_One
    Participant

nice review. what other thermal pastes did you use before this?

Sir-diealot
    Participant

There are many Youtube videos on how to delid your chip. I used feather thin razor blades to slowly cut away all the stock glue. It was a fun and easy project but needed the right thermal paste to complete it. Kryonaut is industrial strength thermal paste and was taylor made for projects like delidding.

I think you made a good choice on your future case. I’ve always prefered the Cosmos II over the 900D. Twin 980 TI will have you gaming in 4K with no problem! Sounds like you have a fun project ahead!

@lordofwar thanks

Yes sure do but first to fix the girlfriends car so it passes inspection.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Is this the same stuff? Going to have to reseat my stuff when I change over to the new case this month and thought I would give this a try. Thanks. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1K63CJ0044&cm_re=Thermal_Grizzly_Kryonaut_Thermal_Grease-_-9SIA1K63CJ0044-_-Product

Admin1

Where are you located ?

Thanks

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Where are you located ?

Thanks

I am in the state of New York in the Finger Lakes Region about a mile from Seneca Lake.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.