Nintendo NX Powered By Nvidia Tegra

Home Forums Gaming Nintendo NX Powered By Nvidia Tegra

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Nvidia is providing the core technology that powers Nintendo’s next generation NX console. Multiple sources have confirmed that the new machine is based around Nvidia’s mobile-orientated Tegra processor, with development kits currently using the Tegra X1 chip found in the Shield Android TV console and the Google Pixel C tablet.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-nx-mobile-games-machine-powered-by-nvidia-tegra

altereDad
    Participant

Would be interesting to see. I suspect this will be in the portables. I don’ know what or if there’ll be a difference in the main console. I wonder if this will bring the price to more competitive choice???

zangza
    Participant

pretty impressed that it will be using a Tegra, which can also mean more cost effective…. but at what performance cost?  Not suprising that they would be going more mobile, since they focus mainly on the portable devices (gameboy/DS) for years. X1 is in dev kits now, but maybe there will be an X1.5 or X2, oh, he mentions this in the video, I was typing it while the video was playing.  Hope Nintendo doesnt fail us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.