Overclocking for Beginners

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team Overclocking for Beginners

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sir-diealot
    Participant

Please let me know what ya’ll think of this article, I am a noob at overclocking (Have not done it just yet to be honest but this rig was built with gaming and overclocking in mind) so I am trying to find things to read and learn from. I will post a picture the first paragraph and a link to the artle. Thank you for reading.

Overclocking for Beginners

Level up.

Sometimes getting the best bang for your buck with PC components means putting a little extra work in, whether that’s shopping around for the best prices online, or researching which CPU or GPU is best suited to the task at hand. But, if you’re willing to go the extra mile, the best returns often come from overclocking. For the uninitiated, overclocking means taking a piece of hardware–most commonly a CPU or GPU–and running it at a faster speed than the manufacturer intended, giving you the performance of higher-priced models for less cash. While there’s an element of risk to the process–you can significantly shorten the life of your components or permanently damage them if something goes awry–if you’re sensible, disasters are rare. The process of overclocking isn’t as complicated as some would have you believe either, and with a bit of computing know-how, and some patience, it’s possible to significantly boost your PC’s performance with just a few tweaks.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/overclocking-for-beginners/1100-6421190/

killerj
    Participant

Great read steven

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Great read steven

Glad you liked it.

fscrivy
    Participant

might give that a read when i have the time

Bob2701

Some good information in that article, thanks.

Admin1

Thanks Steven !  Did Rick send you the Cosmos II yet ?

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks Steven !  Did Rick send you the Cosmos II yet ?

Not yet, he was going to get it to Fed-Ex and get me the price tag. I will call him tomorrow evening and find out more, I don’t like to bug people during the weekends.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Some good information in that article, thanks.

You’re welcome. Do you know of any other things I should read or watch on the subject? Thank you in advance.

toby

Thanks for the article. I’m a noob when it comes to overclocking, but when it comes to learning new things to get my computer running just a bit more to my liking speed wise it is a treat. Thanks again.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Thanks for the article. I’m a noob when it comes to overclocking, but when it comes to learning new things to get my computer running just a bit more to my liking speed wise it is a treat. Thanks again.

You’re welcome Toby, I am in the same boat, I am a gamer looking to increase in game performance by overclocking.

mhalhuphet

thank you so much for this tutorial ^_^ really helpful for a beginner like me

Sir-diealot
    Participant

thank you so much for this tutorial ^_^ really helpful for a beginner like me

You’re very welcome. I shared it as much for myself as for you as I am also a beginner.

Ahmysin
    Participant

The atmosphere here isn’t really overclocking-friendly. I got my i5 4690K from 3.6Ghz (i think) to 4.2Ghz with a deepcool gammax S40 and artic S5 but the temps were reaching 8like 0+C on if i remember 1.14v 😀

dryden13
    Participant

I’m always so scared of frying my components 🙁

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I’m always so scared of frying my components 🙁

I feel the same way to be honest, took quite a bit of saving and time to get my current build, it would take me at least 6 months to replace everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.