Pro Clockers Annual Summer Giveaway 2015 Updates

Home Forums All about ProClockers Contests Pro Clockers Annual Summer Giveaway 2015 Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi Guys

I’m starting ProClockers Summer Giveaway  a little later this year, it should be starting on July 1st,  and ending on August 31st .  I’m keeping it small this year, last year the giveaway took up to much of my time and this year I have a lot of projects I’m working on so I just don’t have the time to put into a large giveaway.

To anyone new that’s reading this post, if you enter the giveaway and do not add your location your post will be deleted, I’m not asking you to tell everyone exactly where you live, just your state or country is all you need to add to either your profile or posts.

Last summer I must have picked over 20 peoples names  as winners but they never added their location after being asked several times, this was a major pain in the butt not to mention time consuming, so I’m not going through that again the year, it takes less then 10 seconds to add your location so if your serious about wanting to win you will get this done.

Another change is that if your name is picked you will have 5 days to claim your prize,  if you haven’t claimed it by the sixth day your prize will go to some one else, I can no longer wait 2-3 weeks it’s not fair to everyone else, so please pay attention to the giveaway and if your name is chosen as a winner contact me as soon as possible.

How To Enter

1) Register in the forums ——-> https://proclockers.com/user/register

2) Complete your registration including location and rig specs 

3) Like our facebook fanpage ——> https://www.facebook.com/ProClockers

4) Follow us on Twitter ——> https://twitter.com/proclockers

5) Wait for the fun to start!

Last, if there’s anything else you guys think needs to be changed please let me know.

Thanks guys !

killjoyjim

That is best for you Stan.It takes a lot to do a giveaway like you do. Some rules are good.

Admin1

Thanks for understanding Jim !

Bob2701

Great news Stan.  Maybe there is a way to require the location be filled in at time of registration for the forum. Ask your programmer, it would help for all new members.

Ryan1

That’s great Stan  I agree with Jim on this and support you all the way

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Rules are for a reason, No need for you to have to stress over somebody that cant follow them.

ghostamongyou
    Participant

I’m from good ol’ Virginia, USA.

Admin1

Lets keep the posts coming, I’m also thinking about using this giveaway as a membership drive, who ever gets the most people to join the forums each week would win that weeks prize. What do you guys think ?

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

did that once before on a different forum, got lots of sign ups but after the giveaway was over we never heard from them again.

Admin1

did that once before on a different forum, got lots of sign ups but after the giveaway was over we never heard from them again.

Well it’s worth a try, say we get 200 new members as long as 50-75 stick around I would be happy. If you guys have any ideas on something else we should try, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

geekify
    Participant

Lets keep the posts coming, I’m also thinking about using this giveaway as a membership drive, who ever gets the most people to join the forums each week would win that weeks prize. What do you guys think ?

I like the rules in the first post, but not fond of the membership drive it’s basically a popularity contest.  I honestly couldn’t bring a single person to the forum, I don’t know anyone that’s into tech.

StaticFX
    Participant

One more rule… mrcapncaveman is not allowed to enter… lol he has had luck coming out his ass lately! lol

.. I would say have a minimum post count to qualify, but that will come back to the same issue where you have to check and redraw because they didnt have enough… unless you can query the DB and pull just names with > X posts. That way only more active members qualify?

Admin1

Hi Guys

Another thing that changed is your going to have to wait until each weeks giveaway starts to find out who the sponsor is as well as what the prize or prizes are that they are giving away. Giveaways will last anywhere from 5-10 days depending on how many prizes the sponsor is donating, a single prize giveaway will last 5 days with the winners name announcement being posted on the 7th day.

Giveaways with two prizes will last 7 days, and giveaways with more than 2 prizes will run for 10 days, In each case the winners names will be announced the 2nd day after the giveaway ends. Winners that do not claim their prize or prizes with in 5 days will receive a PM asking them to claim their prize within 24 hours, if they still haven’t claimed their prize at the end of the extended 24 hours a new winners name will be picked.

If you enter a  giveaway and end up going on vacation or have to go out of town on business, please notify me by PM and let me know what day you will be back, this only has to do in case your name has been drawn as a winner and will be the only exception for a winner who’s name has been picked so please make sure you follow the giveaway and try to post at least once a day.  

As always, please share each giveaways link on Facebook, and other forums. the last change has to do with liking our sponsors Facebook pages, if you have already liked their Facebook page, you now must leave at least 1-2 posts on each sponsors Facebook page as well as Pro Clockers Facebook page, just thank each weeks sponsor for supporting Pro Clockers Summer Giveaway in your first post, in your 2nd post say something  about certain products they have that you like, in each case this should only take less than 15 seconds and yes we will be watching lol  

This is the 8th year that sponsors have supported both my Christmas and Summer Giveaways, which started back when I owned and ran Pure Overclock so lets try to show them how much we appreciate their support.

Thanks Guys !

StaticFX
    Participant

those are good (and reasonable) rules. Should you require the links posted to the sponsor page comments? (so you dont have to try and figure out who is who and where they posted?)

killjoyjim

Dam good rules Stan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.