Pro Clockers current logo

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team Pro Clockers current logo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi Guys

I’ve been thinking about changing Pro Clockers current logo seeing as it’s  been used for a long time. I did have someone design a new logo, however before I show it to everyone I would like to know what you guys think about changing the current logo ?

Thanks 

JMRK
    Participant

Would certainly need to see the new one, current one is fine IMO but change could be an improvement.

Admin1

Depending what you guys think, this will be Pro Clockers new Logo : 

[[{“fid”:”60118072″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

Recktek

Looks good

Admin1

Have to wonder if anyone even noticed that he’s holding a new GTX1080 ?  

Recktek

Have to wonder if anyone even noticed that he’s holding a new GTX1080 ?  

I noticed what he was holding just wasn’t positive about what card it was

Sir-diealot
    Participant

Well here is my take on it, I do like it and it looks cool and all but considering what you do here (Reviews and all) it is not really what I would call a very professional banner, by that the old banner shows a more conservative and professional style while the new one takes away from that professional look. Edit: To explain myself a bit better let me put it this way, if I were a business I would come in see the current logo and think to myself “That is a nice professional looking logo that represents responsibility” But if I saw the new one I would look at that and say “That looks like a bunch of punk kids running the site” and take my business elsewhere.

Admin1

Good point Steve !

Bob2701

I’m with Steve on this.  I like the current logo much better and it is like a trademark for ProClockers.  But just my 2 cents…

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I can see updating the logo we have now to make it “Pop” more, but still keeping the same design. Maybe making more 3D or changing the background color to say black. Maybe make the letters more bold. Just ideas. I wish I had some sort of artistic ability, I can see what I am thinking in my head but have no talent to convey it other than with words.

Admin1

Steve, just say what your thinking 

Sir-diealot
    Participant

[[{“fid”:”60118344″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]] Okay I put the image here so I could see it’s parts as I describe what I am thinking. The lettering would be block like but not to an extreme degree and shaded so they looked more elevated and have a very slight gloss look to them, the colored graph for the needle would also be elevated though not with shading and would have a much glossier look to them as would be the needle. Either the white background or a black background would be used though I think black would offset the colors and make them pop more though I am not sure what it would do to the elevated look as I am not an artist. I can also see in the colored area where there would be kind of a reflection look like something shining off the gloss almost like a window reflection in a bubble but not that extreme. The needle would be in the same style as the graph minus the reflection.

JMRK
    Participant

Between the two, I like the older logo. My feelings are similar to what was expressed earlier in that the new logo doesn’t really say what the site is about. Looking at either logo I might think this site is dedicated to overclocking hardware but the statement on the front page simply says the site is a hardware review site. Most review sites don’t have a logo that illustrates “hardware review”, that’s probably hard to do in a logo. The sites I visit most often simply use their name typically in a tech type font/design and will sometimes have a small graphic in the name or near the name. I think the name needs to be the focal point and if there was going to be a focus on overclocking or something to represent the “clockers” part of the name, a meter like you have in the original could be integrated somehow. Maybe in one of the “O’s” of the name.

timj3371
    Participant

I like the current logo. Its like the trademark of the company. If you do change it needs to be something professional “pop” not to kiddy. Only thing i wish for is to have a like button on here. I have said thank you to a few should been a like. Maybe we need to do a few designs and pick form them. The company I worked from years ago had a logo and hed it for years. Changed hands and ditched the logo and created a new one looked like bunches of kids doing PC work. We lost alot of business. We ended up doing flyers that we changed the name and to get our customers back in place. 

Sir-diealot
    Participant

I like the current logo. Its like the trademark of the company. If you do change it needs to be something professional “pop” not to kiddy. Only thing i wish for is to have a like button on here. I have said thank you to a few should been a like. Maybe we need to do a few designs and pick form them. The company I worked from years ago had a logo and hed it for years. Changed hands and ditched the logo and created a new one looked like bunches of kids doing PC work. We lost alot of business. We ended up doing flyers that we changed the name and to get our customers back in place. 

Good points.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.