ProClockers Christmas Grand Prize Build

Home Forums Show & Tell ProClockers Christmas Grand Prize Build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    mrcapncaveman
    Participant

We start off with all of the goodies except the GPU, Its on its way

Bob2701

A great win, have fun with the build. 

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

First install Motherboard and shield, then wire up the front panel, Standoffs where extra long so room to run wires behind the board.

[[{“fid”:”60100898″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]][[{“fid”:”60100899″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

I debated about installing the psu fan side up, it just puts the wires on the wrong side. Since there is a screen filter on the all of the vents I chose to go fan down.

[[{“fid”:”60100900″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]][[{“fid”:”60100901″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Next up the heart of the beast! I very, very gently placed in the 4790K and clicked in the Kingston HyperX Fury 2133 RAM sticks.

[[{“fid”:”60100902″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Next up The RaijinTek back plate and stand offs. Super easy backplate install. Keeping in mind that it is plastic I gently tightend everything.

[[{“fid”:”60100903″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]][[{“fid”:”60100904″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Next I installed the mounting brackets and gave the cpu a dibble of Arctic Silver 5 TIM

[[{“fid”:”60100905″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Thinking ahead I plugged in the two fans and slid them off to the side and prepared to do battle with the Nemesis! And what a battle it was! It is so huge that I couldnt reach my hand in there to start those two tiny screws, after a couple hrs of trying my 2000 different screwdrivers I finally found one that is magnetic and the Nemesis lost that round. It had me on the ropes but I conquered and overcame!……..Looking down the underside of the cooler it looks like a giant skyscraper over a smalll city..lol

[[{“fid”:”60100906″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Round two with the Nemesis, installing the fans!….. Keep in mind Im the guy that doesnt use a touch  pad or a cell phone because my thumbs just never seem to cooperate. The little rubber anti Vibration screws or pins or whatever you call them are one huge pain  in the butt trying to click them into this massive cooler. Once again it had me on the ropes, I was wearing thin at this point. Then I remembered seeing two metal clips in the box that are not listed in the parts in the instructions…..Aha!! Once again I had to adapt and overcome! I pulled off the top of the iVector case and stuffed those fans down his throat! Alas the fans where installed…….Worn out I decided to hold off untill today to finish up what I could with no gpu.  More pics to come tommorow.

[[{“fid”:”60100907″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]][[{“fid”:”60100908″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

Admin1

Hey Jerry, the cooler should be turned around as long as the fans clear the top of the memory, but your going to have to remove the rear case fan first.

The Kingston Savage kit matches the Gigabyte board perfectly  !   Can wait to see it with the Power Color PCS+ 270X installed.

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Hey Jerry, the cooler should be turned around as long as the fans clear the top of the memory, but your going to have to remove the rear case fan first.

The Kingston Savage kit matches the Gigabyte board perfectly  !   Can wait to see it with the Power Color PCS+ 270X installed.

If I turn it sideways I’ll never get the R9 270X in the PCIEX16 slot,  the fans are 6 inches wide and will block the slot if I turn it. Advice? The Nemesis is only very temporary  as is. New cpu block and res, rad and sleeved cables are in transit.

RealNeil
    Participant

The Air cooler should draw air from the front and exaust to the rear of the case. Stan is correct.

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Okay, I installed the card with the cooler as is for the moment. I have 3/16 of clearance between the card and cooler. If I turn it to vent to the rear the card will not go into the 16 slot period.

[[{“fid”:”60101012″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]][[{“fid”:”60101013″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]][[{“fid”:”60101014″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]][[{“fid”:”60101015″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”},”link_text”:null}]]

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

As you can see the cooler itself is 1/2 wider the other direction, and another 1/2 added by the width of the fans and another 1/2 from the fan clip. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

RealNeil
    Participant

Try to index it the proper way. That’s how it’s designed to work. It may not look like it will fit that way, but it will.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.