SSD Opinion Needed

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team SSD Opinion Needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Hellfire
    Participant

Currently, I’m running an Intel 520 180GB SSD for my boot drive.  Only using about 70GB of the space for OS and main Applications (Office, Photoshop, Nero, etc).  Games go on a separate SSD 🙂

Wanting to rebuild my OS, I can’t decide between a Samsung 850Pro 128GB or Intel Pro 2500 180GB.  Thoughts?

Crackss
    Participant

the Samsung Evo’s are nice, fast, and reliable and usuably less expensive than the Pro’s

Hellfire
    Participant

Yea, the have an Evo for the game drive.  The Samsung Pro and Intel Pro were given to me through my work for “testing” 😀

Admin1

My question for you is, which the price dropping so low for SSDs, why are you not making the move to a higher capacity  SSD, like a 480GB, 512GB or even a 960GB ?  

I might be able to help you with a 512GB or 960GB. As you already found out, a128GB or even a 240GB fills up quickly so you really need to think about going with a larger SSD.

Hellfire
    Participant

Don’t need a larger one for an OS/App drive.  If I was installing games on it or more than just OS and a few apps, I’d get a larger one.  My game drive is 1tb SSD 🙂

Everything I use for Apps and OS/restore is less than 70GB, and that includes benchmarks and a few apps I don’t plan to reinstall heheheh

Admin1

Which 1TB SSD do you own ?  We should be getting the new Crucial MX200 1TB in for review, also a new 1TB drive from OCZ .

killjoyjim

I only have one ssd .I won it  It is a Plextor 128gb.So far I like it.

Hellfire
    Participant

Which 1TB SSD do you own ?  We should be getting the new Crucial MX200 1TB in for review, also a new 1TB drive from OCZ .

Samsung Evo 🙂  Love it!

Admin1

Here’s a AS SSD tease shot from testing the G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCie SSD this week !

[[{“fid”:”60103397″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

Steve-O
    Participant

Super fast SSD !!!

Bob2701

Here’s a AS SSD tease shot from testing the G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCie SSD this week !

[[{“fid”:”60103397″,”view_mode”:”default”,”fields”:{“format”:”default”,”field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]”:””,”field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]”:””},”type”:”media”,”link_text”:null,”attributes”:{“class”:”media-element file-default”}}]]

Wow, great numbers…

Admin1

Just received the new OCZ Vectorv 180 960GB SSD, and Crucial just notified me that the MX200 1TB shipped  and should be here next week.

Hellfire
    Participant

Nice!  Looking forward to reading the review on the SSDs.  That Phoenix blade is SO tempting…must resist… LOL

Admin1

Testing on the OCZ Vertex 180 960GB & the Crucial MX200 1TB will start this weekend. the PowerColor TurboDuo arrived as well as the Gigabyte X99-UD3P now I’m waiting on a mini ITX chassis from Raidmax and the Gigabyte GTX980OC, both should be here tomorrow Friday April 17th.

ace

Can’t go wrong with a samsung!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.