The World’s First $9 Computer.

Home Forums Hardware Portable Computing The World’s First $9 Computer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Next Thing‘s CHIP, joins the race to build the world’s most affordable computer. CHIP is a fully functional Linux-powered computer and is just about one-quarter the size of a banana and one-quarter the price of the Raspberry Pi. Yes, that means it’s only $9!

CHIP packs a 1GHz Allwinner R8 Cortex A8 processor with a built-in Mali400 GPU, 512MB of RAM and 4GB of flash storage. It also features a micro USB port, composite headphone/mic port, Wifi and Bluetooth. All this is powered by attaching a LiPo battery, DC power, or through the micro USB. The hardware is powerful enough to power LibreOffice, the Chromium browser, and a whole host of games and programs to teach programming

http://ardevon.com/2015/07/chip-the-worlds-first-9-computer/

Kanged_One
    Participant

Very interesting! 10 years from now, gaming PCs would be that small… probably cheeky

ghostamongyou
    Participant

It’s kind of a nice novelty I guess, but who will want them?  Some very poor parts of the world maybe?  I can’t see there being much of a market for something like this, even though it is interesting to think about.

Ahmysin
    Participant

Looks like a smartphone in the disguise for me.

werty316
    Participant

SOLD if I can use it as an HTPC like a Raspberry Pi.

tnecniv102
    Participant

waitng this item to become reality in in to my hands. so i can test it and discover other possibilities with it. 

PS. i have to wait until january 2016.  

infoporter
    Participant

Now you can get a tiny linux computer for $5! See my thread I just posted about here on the Omega 2.

vitius
    Participant

computer?

u still need a keyboard, mouse and monitor. with them i would call it an computer

Admin1

Yeah I read about this, not bad for $9.00  I wonder who’s going to be the first to try to OC it ?  lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.