Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition Work Log

Home Forums Show & Tell Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition Work Log

• This topic has 40 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by stefanovaaa.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi Guys, started working on the Tt Core X9 build this afternoon, here’s what I‘ve done so far.

ASRock X99 WS-E Motherboard installed

Kingston HyperX Predator  32GB DDR4 2133MHz

EVGA GTX980 SC TRI-SLI setup  which will be changed to 3 EVGA GTX980Ti once EVGA ships my cards

​G.Skill Pheonix  480GB PCIe SSD boot  drive

Dual Kingston HyperX Savage 960GB SSDs  for storage

Had to mod the HDD tray for the cables to fit, which will not be seen.

HDD Tray installed in the Core X9

If my right shoulder feels better tomorrow I’ll install the Corsair 1200i with a blue sleeved cable kit, hoping the rest of the parts as well as the two rigid tubing kit and fittings show up by the end of next week.

Bob2701

Wow….  That case is awesome.  Can’t wait to see the complete build.

Steve-O
    Participant

That is a great combination of goodies right there,  Very nice Stan!!

Admin1

Thanks guys, I was planning on using the Seasonic X Series 1250W PSU, but seeing as I already have a blue sleeved cable kit for my Corsair 1200i I might as well go with that as long as I can remember what I did with the cable kit lol There’s to much stuff in my house, Jim has been here 3 times picking up cases, I asked him to come back next weekend and help me reclaim my living room, yes it’s that bad, hardware, cases, builds and boxes all over the place lol 

Steve-O
    Participant

I lived a lot closer to you Stan, I’d be there to help you out.

Don’t know if I could handle the winter weather though.

Ryan1

The build is coming along well it looks just awesome  Thanks for posting Stan

killjoyjim

Very clean build Stan .Looking dam good.

Admin1

Thanks guys, I’ve been going crazy for two days trying to find the blue sleeved cable kit for the Corsair 1200i, all I found so far was the 24pin which for some reason was sold and shipped separately from Frozen CPU. If I don’t find the kit today it looks like I’ll have to order another one.

killjoyjim

Dam that sucks Stan.

Bob2701

Thanks guys, I was planning on using the Seasonic X Series 1250W PSU, but seeing as I already have a blue sleeved cable kit for my Corsair 1200i I might as well go with that as long as I can remember what I did with the cable kit lol There’s to much stuff in my house, Jim has been here 3 times picking up cases, I asked him to come back next weekend and help me reclaim my living room, yes it’s that bad, hardware, cases, builds and boxes all over the place lol 

Road trip……  

Admin1

lol  Good idea Bob !  I did get some good news this week, Primochill will be sponsoring this build, they should be shipping two Blue rigid tubing kits, if they are out of blue most likely purple, also 20 fittings and their bending tool which is very nice of them to do for me. Jim’s coming over Saturday to help me reclaim my living room, there has to be 75-100 shipping boxes  that we heed to cut up, so hopefully we will find my missing blue sleeved cable kit lol

Admin1

Hi Guys, Primochill sent me tracking information Friday evening 6/12/15  for two blue rigid tubing kits as well as 20 fittings. UPS ground shows the delivery date as Thursday June 18th so hopefully I’ll have time to work on the tubing next weekend and take photos.

mrcapncaveman
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing this, That case is just awesome and those cards, sheesh what a beast 3 980 ti ‘s

StaticFX
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’ve been going crazy for two days trying to find the blue sleeved cable kit for the Corsair 1200i, all I found so far was the 24pin which for some reason was sold and shipped separately from Frozen CPU. If I don’t find the kit today it looks like I’ll have to order another one.

wait.. you got something from FrozenCPU recently???

Admin1

No, this was before they had that problem, I thought they were back to work by now, are you saying their still closed ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.