ultra 4k htpc and gaming rig

Home Forums Show & Tell ultra 4k htpc and gaming rig

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aryan51
    Participant

i am starting a new build i want to build a ultra high end 4k gaming system i am not much of a overclocker but i  have a buget of 6000 the case is going to be from STEIGER DYNAMICS  and want to go with x99 and the 5960x  and i realy like asus mobos and i think i will go with 2  evga geforce gtx 980 ti k|ngp|n acx 2.0+(80%+) (06g-p4-5998-kr  i am just stuck on witch mobo i hould get the deluxe or the rampage 5 extreame i have not bought one thing yet i just think that in a way the rampage 5 i just going to be a wast of the extra money i want to use the m.2 also

RealNeil
    Participant

Are you going to water cool this beast or is it to be on air?

What about the screen or screens that you’ll be using?

X99 may not be the best idea right now.

Skylake is out already and has good performance potential, the motherboards have a lot of PCI-E lanes and they use DDR-4 RAM in them.

Maybe it would be a good idea to wait a while to see if they release any Skylake Extreme CPUs. You could save some serious money and have it on hand to spend on the 4K monitor. The screens are most important with 4K resolutions.

aryan51
    Participant

i have a 55 inch 4k 3d tv  lg 250mkz  that i will be using  with martin logan electrostatic 7.2 sound system with marantz top of the line pre amp and amps and i want somthing to play my games at full 4k with out my tv having to do the upscaling like it does the xbox one and ps4  i just spent 1400. on the case so i do not realy want to skimp and i do not want to water cool and skylark are kind of the low end

aryan51
    Participant

i just want the best mobo i can get in there it has enough room for e-atx i wil be geting 64 mb ddr4 ram kit also

Admin1

I have to agree with Neil, I’m actually looking for a 4K monitor myself,. it’s either that or the new Dell 34 inch  Curved  Monitor with 2560 x 1440 res for $998. I also heard that Asus has a new 34″ 4K

killjoyjim

I just need one bigger than my 19” Dell.hard to play BF2 and 4 on a small one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.