Well I guess a new GPU is out.

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team Well I guess a new GPU is out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sir-diealot
    Participant

I was going to buy myself a new GPU next month but after talking with my nephews today they are really wanting me to come visit for CHRISTmas so I caved and told them I would go. I still have to come up with a cheaper GPU for my rig as the one that is in it now an XFX R-9-290X has already been bought and paid for by a friend so I have to get it to him soon. I don’t want to go down in graphics, but don’t want to spend a ton either. Any suggestions? I so wanted the 1080 but I love my nephews more. This was going to be what I would have gotten if I could have found anybody with them. Now I have an excuse to go after the 1080 ti’s when they come out though. https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING/

dryden13
    Participant

I would love to get a GTX 1080 but it’s way over my budget.  Have you looked at the RX 480’s or the incoming RX 470 and RX 4760 scheduled to be released early August?  Of course, you can also consider the GTX 1070 and GTX 1060…. the GTX 1070 gives the best price to performance among Nvidia’s recent releases.  Good luck man!

This looks sexy, someone with and orange/black/white themed build would love it.

TeeBlack
    Participant

Asus Strix is cool but personally i prefer MSI or Gigabyte versions. 

Admin1

I agree with you on that Tee !

Admin1

Besides my 1080s  I also have a pair of Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming cards. Believe it or not, the 2nd card arrived over a week ago and it’s still sitting in the newegg shipping box. Between running the giveaway and working on a couple of case reviews I just haven’t had the time to open the box and install the 2nd card.

I’m thinking about doing a different kind of giveaway for Christmas, instead of giving away 40 – 50 prizes there would only be a couple, then the Grand Prize would be a Z70 build with a 6600K, 16GBs memory,  1TB SSD  and a Sapphire Nitro 390 GPU  

What do you guys think ? 

killjoyjim

Sounds good Stan.

jtheater
    Participant

Besides my 1080s  I also have a pair of Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming cards. Believe it or not, the 2nd card arrived over a week ago and it’s still sitting in the newegg shipping box. Between running the giveaway and working on a couple of case reviews I just haven’t had the time to open the box and install the 2nd card.

I’m thinking about doing a different kind of giveaway for Christmas, instead of giving away 40 – 50 prizes there would only be a couple, then the Grand Prize would be a Z70 build with a 6600K, 16GBs memory,  1TB SSD  and a Sapphire Nitro 390 GPU  

What do you guys think ? 

I know 40-50 giveaways for Christmas would be a lot tougher than just a few and one big one.  I think you can make 40-50 people happy rather than just a selected few.  

Maybe you can enlist some elves to assist!

Sir-diealot
    Participant

[quote=TeeBlack]

I agree with you on that Tee !

[/quote]

Yes but the Strix has a faster core clock than either of them which is why I am interested in it.

Sir-diealot
    Participant

What do you guys think ? 

I like to see things spread around more myself, but I have also done/worked giveaways in the past and know how hard big ones are to do so I can understand wanting to tone down the workload some.

Bob2701

What do you guys think ? 

Didn’t you do that a couple of years ago, grand prize was a complete system with all the bells and whistles and then we never heard from the winner again……

I think making more people happy is the way to go.  If I can help you sign me up.

Admin1

Yeah, that girl Sue won but it took her close to 8 months to pick it up. due to being shipped overseas. I’m just glad she made it back alive.

Bob2701

Yes, we are all glad she is back in the USA. Hope she was happy with the system.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.