Western Digital Launches 5TB and 6TB Black

Home Forums Hardware Storage Western Digital Launches 5TB and 6TB Black

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

It’s been a while since Western Digital updated their Black series of HDDs, with their 4TB release taking place over two years ago. I’m happy to say that for those looking for a massive HDD suited for holding that enormous games folder too large to fit on your SSD, your wait is finally over, as today WD has updated the Black line to include 5TB and 6TB capacity units.

The Black series introduced that nifty dual stage actuator technology nearly five years ago, and has added a few more bells and whistles along the way. These new models include a 128MB cache and run on dual-core processors.

Along with that news also comes an update to their Red Pro series, which was also limited to 4TB in capacity when they launched last year. Red Pro models will now also include 5TB and 6TB units, so those wanting the most performance and lowest response time from their NAS can now also enjoy that performance at a 50% gain in capacity.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Storage/Western-Digital-Launches-5TB-and-6TB-Black-and-Red-Pro

JMRK
    Participant

Not that I need this much space but if I did a WD black drive would be the one I would get. Trying now to get rid of all my mechanical drives for SSDs.

Bob2701

I have 2 WD 4GB Black drives set up in the NexStar HX2R I won in the Pro-Clockers 2014 Christmas Givaway and they are working great.  Always buy Blacks.

Steve-O
    Participant

always WD Blacks, period.  (Cause Bob says so)  lol

Bob2701

always WD Blacks, period.  (Cause Bob says so)  lol

LMFAO…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.