Why can’t I post anything?

Home Forums All about ProClockers Talk to the Team Why can’t I post anything?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    DDCustomMods
    Participant

I’ve tried posting in Show and Tell twice now. The forum says I was the last to update but my posts never show up.

admin
    Keymaster

Hey! It was caught in the spam filter, but i approved it. Shouldn’t happen again. For images, you juyst need to paste the URL (no code needed), so i fixed that too. Sorry about the inconvenience!

DDCustomMods
    Participant

Woot it works now! I see my post now.

The code was automatically added when I pasted in the image link. I didn’t do that lol.

DDCustomMods
    Participant

Looks like another post got caught by the spam filter *shrug*

admin
    Keymaster

Hey, I manually approved it again, and made a back-end change where it shouldnt happen again. Fingers crossed. Sorry! Glitches with the new system 🙂

DDCustomMods
    Participant

Got caught by the spam filter again…. lol

admin
    Keymaster

lol wow. I think I know what the issue is, is that this forum thinks its spam whenever there are multiple links. I have escalated this to our developer.

DDCustomMods
    Participant

No worries, as a developer myself I get the complexity of trying to sort out the little wonky actions.

admin
    Keymaster

My developer just said that he fixed it! Fingers crossed

What kind of developer are you? What do you specialize in?

DDCustomMods
    Participant

I do Java development for the State of Nevada. My specialties are Java and ABAP, but I dabble in web languages like xhtml, CSS and javascript as well. The fun stuff lol

DDCustomMods
    Participant

Also, I saw my first post came through but the pics didn’t’ work. It’s a duplicate post now and can be deleted -Post #96636

Petros Bakolas
    Participant

Well i saw this reply and i had to ask. I am studying programming! And i am currently learing by my self the Spring framework using Java. Any particular framework that you work with DDCustom and think it is a must to learn???

DDCustomMods
    Participant

Hey Petros!

Spring is definitely a must to learn in today’s world. I haven’t because of what my 2 programming jobs have used so far. But when looking for jobs having an understanding of Spring will go a long way. As for my current job, another thing to look at would be the concept of Java “beans”.

Other then that, knowing how to debug other random long/complicated code is super important. Most of the time in a development position you are fixing current code and very rarely are you actually developing new code.

Petros Bakolas
    Participant

Well that sure is a very good point 😂 Thank you very much for the insight!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.