ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch Of ADM 2.4
Taipei, Taiwan, March 31st, 2015 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced that it is releasing the ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 2.4 operating system for all of its NAS devices. All ASUSTOR NAS users will be able to upgrade online to ADM 2.4, in order to enjoy newly added and enhanced core functions that optimize the user experience and increase overall system performance.
New functions featured in ADM 2.4 include:
- All new shared folder encryption mechanism: The new encryption mechanism, effectively increases data encryption speeds, and properly releases storage space previously occupied by already deleted files. With regards to encrypted folders that were created using the previous encryption method, a conversion function is provided on the settings page for easy converting without any complicated steps.
- Newly added support for the SSD Trim command: This function allows the SSDs installed on the NAS to maintain stable read/write performance while simultaneously controlling the frequency of overwriting to specific blocks, extending the life of SSDs.
- Newly added SNMP Network Management Protocol: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) provides a set of standards that allows managers on a single network management system (NMS) to collect information from all network equipment for convenient monitoring and maintenance. ADM 2.4.0 supports SNMP v1, v2c, v3 and also provides a trap setting that can actively notify the NMS of significant events.
- Enhanced Network Defender: Users can now create a trusted list and also define black and white lists using the IP country of origin or area via the Geo IP expansion module, providing added configuration flexibility.
- Optimized File Explorer: Users can now intuitively right-click and select the preview function to play videos, music and images when browsing through multimedia files with ADM File Explorer.
“We would like to thank our users for their enthusiasm and invaluable feedback throughout the course of the ADM 2.4 Beta testing process,” said Vincent Tseng, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “Their assistance has allowed us to smoothly roll out the official version of ADM 2.4 for the benefit of all ASUSTOR NAS users around the world.”
ADM 2.4 has been officially released for all ASUSTOR NAS models and is available online for all users. ASUSTOR recommends that users upgrade to this latest firmware version in order to enjoy a variety of new functionality and enhanced performance.
For more product information please visit: http://www.asustor.com
For more information about ADM 2.4, please visit: http://adm.asustor.com/?lan=en
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc., a subsidiary of ASUSTeK Computer Inc., is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions. ASUSTOR is devoted to providing the world with unparalleled user experiences and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible.