Taipei, Taiwan, March 02, 2016 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, announced the release of the ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 2.6 beta version for all ASUSTOR NAS users, providing a variety of enhanced core functions and smoother ASUSTOR Portal* multimedia applications. Enhancements in the newest version of ADM include updates to ADM’s GNU C library and Linux kernel, which provide additional flexibility and compatibility for Apps along with increased system stability, performance and security. Additionally, the hardware accelerated Web browser, Chromium, has also been integrated into ASUSTOR Portal*, enhancing users’ experience when streaming 1080p videos from YouTube.
Furthermore, newly added functions include the batch creation and importation of ADM accounts as well as a range of enhancements to ASUSTOR’s exclusive MyArchive function. The number of simultaneous configurable MyArchive hard disks has been significantly increased from 2 to N-1. Also, when accessing the data in a MyArchive disk, the other MyArchive disks in the NAS can remain in hibernation, helping users to save power. Furthermore, a newly added “Alias” field lets users self-define tags for MyArchive disks, allowing for ease of identification within the ADM interface, when multiple MyArchive disks are mounted.
Moreover, newly supported AES 256-bit encryption as well as the binding of USB devices as a physical encryption keys, provide enhanced security for MyArchive disks. And finally, the newly upgraded MyArchive mechanism can now format hard disks to EXT4, NTFS and HFS+ file systems, significantly expanding MyArchive disks’ flexibility and availability. When no longer needed for MyArchive use, removed MyArchive disks can be put into eSATA/USB external enclosures and be directly accessible via Windows PC (NTFS file system) or Apple Mac devices (HFS+ file system).
“It has been 3 years since we first launched ADM and we are extremely excited to be releasing the ADM 2.6 beta version,” said Vincent Tseng, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “We are sure the latest version of ADM will bring our users more comprehensive and practical functionality for storage while increasing flexibility and convenience with regards to our NAS’s cloud applications.”
Key Features for the ADM 2.6 beta version:
All new MyArchive mechanism
- Increased number of simultaneous configurable MyArchive hard disks from 2 to N-1. For example, on a 12-bay model you will be able to create 11 MyArchive disks.
- Supports additional file system formats: Can format hard disks to EXT4, NTFS and HFS+ file systems, significantly expanding MyArchive disks’ flexibility and availability. When no longer needed, removed MyArchive disks can be put into eSATA/USB external enclosures and be directly accessible via Windows or Apple Mac devices.
- Can self-define tags for MyArchive disks providing for easy management and identification.
- Secure automatic mounting: MyArchive disks can be configured to automatically mount on up to 20 trusted NAS devices
- Secure encryption: Supports AES 256-bit encryption. Decrypt by password, electronic key or physical USB device.
- Can be used in combination with high speed local backup function.
- Save power: When accessing the data in a MyArchive disk, the other MyArchive disks can remain in hibernation.
Account management: simplified account management increases efficiency for administrators
- Batch creation of ADM accounts
- Can create account file for importation (*.txt, *.csv)
- During importation, the system will check the integrity of the account data and indicate any errors making for administrators to correct.
iSCSI LUN snapshots
- Scheduled iSCSI LUN snapshots allows the system to automatically take regular snapshots based on the specified time period, providing continuous protection of LUN data without needing any manual operation or significantly affecting system performance.
*Enhanced ASUSTOR Portal experience
Along with the ADM 2.6 beta enhancements, ASUSTOR 31, 50, 51, 61, 62 and 7 series users can also upgrade to the ASUSTOR Portal beta and URL-Pack, allowing them to stream from even more popular media sites.
- Newly added hardware accelerated Web browser Chromium
- Smart installation for Web page applications including: ADM, Chrome, Chromium, Netflix, Spotify and YouTube.
- Supports smooth streaming of YouTube FHD 1080p videos
- Supports 3rd party URL-Pack application for browsing popular streaming media sites such as Iqiyi, Sohu, Tudou, Youku, Vimeo, MetaCafe, US Stream, Crunchyroll and Vudu.
For more information about the ADM 2.6 Beta Program, please visit: http://www.asustor.com/betaProgram
Due to core hardware limitations, the ASUSTOR Portal beta is only suitable for installation on the following series: 31, 50, 51, 61, 62 and 7 series