ASUSTOR Launches the Enterprise-Class High Capacity AS6212RD
Taipei, Taiwan, November 1st, 2016 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the launch of the AS6212RD 12-bay rackmount NAS, the newest addition to their series of Intel Braswell based NAS devices. The AS6212RD is equipped with powerful core specifications that are ready to meet the requirements of demanding enterprise environments while providing excellent performance and smooth multitasking. The 4 built-in USB ports provide for agile applications, allowing businesses to maximize the use of existing equipment and resources. Worth mentioning is that the AS6212RD features 12 disk bays and supports the highest capacity hard disks on the market (10 TB) allowing for the creation of truly large storage spaces. Businesses that require high capacity storage can maximize the use of disk bays by utilizing ASUSTOR’s MyArchive cold backup technology to effectively achieve unlimited storage. MyArchive disks can be used to archive data, freeing up storage space on existing storage volumes. Users can plug in MyArchive disks back into the NAS any time that they need to access the archived data. Additionally, for users who want to add storage capacity without having to expand their RAID storage volumes, MyArchive technology can be used, providing a low cost option to meet increasing storage demands.
The AS6212RD comes built-in with the ADM operating system which features an easy to use interface allowing IT staff to carry out their duties efficiently. Simple wizards are provided which guide users to complete configurations in just a few simple steps. From data backup configurations to network security management, ADM provides the type of flexible functionality that allows IT staff to simplify their work and enhance productivity. Furthermore, ADM also provides a variety of RAID configurations, providing enterprises with highly secure data protection. In regards to hardware, disk tray locks are provided which prevents the disk trays from accidentally popping out, offering an additional layer of protection.
“A premium device perfect for enterprise, the AS6212RD combines remarkable software with stable, yet high performance hardware,” said Johnny Chen, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “The dual built-in power supplies ensure continuous operation in the event of sudden power outages, giving administrators sufficient time to decide on proper contingency measures. We are confident that the AS6212RD will become a new enterprise favorite.”
- Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (Automatic Overclocking to 2.24GHz)
- RAID 5 Read Speed of up to 398 MB/s and Write Speed of up to 355 MB/s (Link Aggregation, Samba)
- Supports Intel AES-NI Hardware Encryption Engine
- 4 GB SO-DIMM DDR3L High Speed Memory (Expandable up to 8 GB)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 4 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 GB/s) Port
- 1 x HDMI 1.4b Port
- 1 x RS-232 Com Port
- Supports RAID Volume Management: Single, JBOD, RAID 0/1/5/6/10, RAID 0/1/5/6/10+Hot Spare
- Supports Hot Swappable Hard Disks
- Disk Tray Locks
- LED Service Light
- Supports Largest Capacity Hard Disks on the Market (10 TB)
- Smart Fan Temperature Control
- Dual Power Supplies
Key Software Specifications for ADM 2.6
- Seamless Cross-Platform File Access (Windows, Mac, Unix-Like Operating Systems)
- Virtualization Support: Citrix, Hyper-V, VMware (NFS)
- Scheduled and Automatic iSCSI LUN Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Support with VirtualBox (ASUSTOR Portal and ADM Web Interface)
- Comprehensive Backup Solutions (Public Cloud, Local Device, PC, Mobile Devices)
- Integrates Windows AD, Windows ACL Permissions and Batch Importation of Accounts
- SNMP Network Management Protocol Support
- Instant System Event Notifications (Email, SMS or Push Notification)
- Supports 3-Step Seamless System Migration
- Supports Online Capacity Expansion and RAID Level Migration
- Supports N-1 MyArchive Hard Disks with Encryption and Binding of USB Devices as Encryption Keys
- Newly Added File System Support for MyArchive (EXT4, NTFS, HFS+) Increases Compatibility of MyArchive Disks.
- Remote Access via Cloud Connect Technology
- App Central App Repository Features Rich Variety of Apps for Multimedia, Business Productivity and More.
- Surveillance Center Supports up to 25 Camera Channels
All ASUSTOR NAS products feature 3-year warranties. For more detailed purchasing information please contact your local ASUSTOR dealer.
For more product information please visit: http://www.asustor.com
Compatibility table: http://www.asustor.com/service/compatibility
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc. was established via direct investment from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. The ASUSTOR brand name was created as a portmanteau of “ASUS” and “Storage”. ASUSTOR is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions, also specializing in the development and integration of related firmware, hardware and applications. We are devoted to providing the world with unparalleled user experiences and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible.