Corsair Hydro Series GFX Liquid Cooled GeForce GTX 980 Ti –Superclocked, Silent, and Simple
Corsair and MSI collaborate to bring liquid cooled graphics cards to PC gamers
Fremont, California — September 16, 2015 — Corsair®, a world leader in high-performance PC hardware and number one supplier of PC cooling technology, today announced the Hydro GFX, a liquid cooled GeForce® GTX™ 980 Ti graphics card developed in partnership with MSI. Corsair’s exclusive liquid cooling technology enables the GPU and circuitry to run faster and cooler than standard cards, giving gamers faster, smoother frame rates with less noise. The Hydro GFX installs in minutes in almost any desktop PC, from full-size tower cases to compact gaming PCs like Corsair Bulldog.
Hydro GFX consists of a MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti card with an integrated aluminum bracket cooled by a Corsair Hydro Series H55 liquid cooler. Liquid cooling keeps the card’s hottest, most critical components—the GPU, memory, and power circuitry—30% cooler than standard cards while running at higher clock speeds with no throttling, boosting the GPU clock 20% and graphics performance up to 15%. The Hydro Series H55 micro-fin copper cooling block and 120mm radiator expels the heat from the PC reducing overall system temperature and noise. The result is faster, smoother frame rates at resolutions of 4K and beyond at whisper quiet levels.
The Hydro GFX installs in minutes in nearly any modern PC case. Users simply mount the radiator on one of their PC’s 120mm mounts, insert the card into a PCI Express 3.0 16x slot, and then plug power connectors into the card. No messy coolant filling or maintenance is required.
“PC enthusiasts have chosen Corsair liquid coolers to overclock their CPUs and silence their PCs for nearly a decade,” said Michael Hooper, Corsair’s product manager for cooling technology. “Now with our partners MSI, we are bringing Corsair liquid cooling technology to the GeForce GTX 980 Ti with the Hydro GFX—one of the fastest, quietest, and easy-to-install graphics cards available.”
Hydro GFX – GeForce GTX 980 Ti card
- NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 980 GPU with Maxwell 2.0 microarchitecture, designed for next generation gaming at resolutions of 4K and beyond
- 1190/1291 MHz base/boost clock
- Clocked 20% faster than standard GeForce GTX 980 Ti cards for up to a 15% performance boost
- Integrated liquid cooling technology keeps GPU, video RAM, and voltage regulator 30% cooler than standard cards
- Corsair Hydro Series H55 liquid cooler with micro-fin copper block, 120mm radiator/fan
- 6GB GDDR5
- 7096 MHz
- 384-bit interface
- Outputs: 3x DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 2.0, and Dual Link DVI-I
- Power: 250 watts (600 watt PSU required)
- Requirements: PCI Express 3.0 16x dual-width slot, 8+6-pin power connector, 600 watt PSU
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 4.376 inch
- Warranty: 3 year warranty
- MSRP: $739.99
Pricing and Availability
Hydro GFX will be available in October in the US www.corsair.com with an MSRP of $739.99 USD.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company’s award-winning products include gaming peripherals, memory upgrades, power supply units, PC cooling products, computer cases, solid-state drives, USB flash drives, PC speakers, and system monitoring and control devices.