GIGABYTE Hosts Target OC: Open Target
Come compete on HWBOT for a chance to win the latest GIGABYTE hardware and great cash prizes
City of Industry, California, Nov 4, 2015 – GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced another great competition for the overclocking community with the Target OC: Open Target challenge, to be hosted this November and December on HWBOT.org. The Open Target challenge will see the overclockers from all corners of the world compete in different cooling and CPU categories for big cash and GIGABYTE Z170 motherboard prizes.
Starting November 8th and running until December 31st 2015, contestants will attempt to hit challenging targets in Ambient and Extreme categories using the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility and Geekbench 3, with new targets being revealed every week. Overclockers are free to use any GIGABYTE motherboard as there are no restrictions on chipset.
Contestants will have the opportunity to win prizes including GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 3 and GIGABYTE Z170X-SOC FORCE motherboards as well as USD $250 for those that achieve a global first place. At the end of the contest there will be a lucky draw for USD $500 and a GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming G1 motherboard for anyone who has participated in all the sub-categories of their respective cooling category.
More information on this exciting contest is available on HWBOT.
- GIGABYTE motherboards only; open to all chipsets.
- All submissions must include the stage’s dedicated wallpaper. A new wallpaper will be released at the beginning of each stage.
- All submissions must include a picture of the rig used, including competition background. The usual HWBOT submission and verification rules apply.
- To enter the lucky draw, participants must submit in all the subcategories of their respective cooling category.
- In the ambient category only participants who are currently in the Novice, Enthusiast and Rookies leagues can compete. In the extreme category, submissions are open to all overclockers.
- In case of a tie, the participant who submitted the earliest wins.
- Winner in one sub-category cannot be the winner in another sub-category. The sub-categories winners can be in the lucky draw if they complete 2 sub-categories.
- The winners of each of the 3 ambient categories will be rewarded with a GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 3 motherboard.
- The winners of each of the 3 extreme categories will be rewarded with a GIGABYTE Z170X-SOC FORCE motherboard.
- A cash prize of USD $250 will be awarded to anyone that sets a Global First Place by the end of the competition. Requirement: Must have submitted in 3 subcategories with 2 benchmarks on each. Awarded when contest ends.
- Everyone that participates in all the sub-categories will be eligible to enter the lucky draw of USD $500 and a GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming G1 motherboard.
For more details about the contest please visit:
To learn more about GIGABYTE motherboards:
To learn more about GIGABYTE:
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world’s motherboard and graphics card markets. On top of Motherboards and Graphics cards, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include PC Components, PC Peripherals, Laptops, Desktop PCs, Network Communications, Servers and Mobile Phones to serve each facet of the digital life in the home and office. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to “Upgrade Your Life” with innovative technology, exceptional quality, and unmatched customer service. Visit www.gigabyte.us for more information.