Kingston Digital Offers Automatic Cloud Backup to Personal Secure USB Flash Drive
- DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Safeguards Personal Information
- New Cloud Option With Automatic Back Up
- USB 3.0 Speeds to Secure Files Faster
2015 International CES & Fountain Valley, CA − January 6, 2015 − Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the additional feature of cloud backup to the DataTraveler® Locker+ G3 (DTLPG3) USB 3.0 Flash drive for personal security. DTLPG3 offers hardware encryption, password protection and fast USB 3.0 transfer speeds to keep one’s personal data safe.
Consumers now have the option of automatically backing up a DataTraveler Locker+ G3 to their preferred cloud storage provider such as Google Drive™, OneDrive (Microsoft®), Amazon S3, Dropbox or Box via included ClevX™ USBtoCLOUD™ software. Kingston® and ClevX first worked together in 2012 on an encrypted USB drive with a built-in anti-malware scan engine for enterprise customers. With the DTLPG3, consumers can rest assured that if the DTLPG3 is lost or misplaced, photos, personal documents and other files are still safely stored and accessible in the cloud.
“We are excited to offer cloud backup to our existing fast and secure consumer level USB Flash drive,” said Ken Campbell, Flash Business Manager, Kingston. “The DataTraveler Locker+ G3 is easy to use, durable and ensures consumers’ personal documents are safe and also always available to them.”
DataTraveler Locker+ G3 is available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information please visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware encryption: the best in personal security to keep your data
· Superior password protection: user sets a password to prevent
· Easy to use: no application installation required
· Versatile: works interchangeably between Mac OS X
and Windows systems
· Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
· Stylish: durable metal casing with built-in key loop
· Optional Cloud Backup: access data stored on DataTraveler Locker+
G3 from your personal cloud storage
(see below for Cloud Services Supported)
· Co-Logo Program available1: . customize DataTraveler Locker+ G3
by adding your logo and/or digital files
and instantly increase your organization’s
brand recognition. The Customization Program
offers unique packaging, custom profiles,
color adjustments, content loading and more,
all with easy and convenient ordering.
· Supports: Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Vista®, XP & Mac OS X
· Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free technical support
· Capacities2: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
· Speed3: USB 3.0 speed: 8GB: 80MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB: 135MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB–64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
USB 2.0 speed: 8GB: 30MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB–64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
· Cloud Services Supported: Google Drive, OneDrive (Microsoft),
Amazon S3, Dropbox, Box
· Dimensions: 60.56mm x 18.6 mm x 9.75 mm
· Minimum System Requirements:
– USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
– Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use4
· Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
· Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
1 Minimum quantity required. Performed at the factory.
2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide.
3 Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
4 First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.