Kingston Digital Releases 128GB, 256GB Capacity Additions to its Fastest SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) Card Range
Fountain Valley, CA – June xx, 2015 — Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston® Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the addition of 128GB and 256GB capacities to its line of SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) cards.
The UHS-I U3 (Ultra High-Speed Bus, Speed Class 3) specification guarantees performance of at least 30MB/s read and write, and enough bandwidth to record and playback 4K video without interruption. Kingston’s SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 card provides speeds of 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write, which is up to 9x faster (read) and up to 8x faster (write) than standard Class 10 SD cards. The faster speeds ensure the best video and photo integrity by reducing stutter as well as faster PC upload time, especially when using USB 3.0 card readers.
The higher-capacity cards are ideal for Digital Single Lens Reflex (D-SLR), Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (D- SLM) cameras, camcorders and video cameras. They allows users to capture larger high-definition files including Full HD (1080p), Ultra HD (2160p), 3D, and 4K2K videos. In addition to 4K video capture, they can also be used for high-density photography in burst or continuous capture mode.
SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 is backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support. For more information, visit kingston.com/us/flash/sd_cards.
Kingston SDHC/SDXC UHS-I U3 Flash Card Features & Specifications:
- Versatile: Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
- Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification
- Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Compatible: with SDHC & SDXC host devices; SDXC cards are not compatible with SDHC-enabled devices/readers
- File format: FAT32 (SDHC 16GB, 32GB); exFAT (SDXC 64GB, 128GB, 256GB)
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacities1: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB
- Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperatures: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperatures: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
- Performance2: up to 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/flashguide
2 Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
16GB SDHC UHS-I Speed Class 3 Flash Card
32GB SDHC UHS-I Speed Class 3 Flash Card
64GB SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 Flash Card
128GB SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 Flash Card
256GB SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 Flash Card
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.