Kingston Digital Releases Fourth-Generation
High-Speed Media Reader; 64GB 600X CF Card
- Versatile Card Reader For Seamless Data Transfer
- USB 3.0 High-Speed Performance
- Capacity Addition to CF Ultimate 600x
Fountain Valley, CA – March 30, 2015 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced its 4th generation HS4 All-In-One Media Reader. The multi-function reader improves upon the previous model as it reads all major card format types including the latest SD card speeds (UHS-I, UHS-II) and CF Type I and II (UDMA 0-7).
Users can easily back up and transfer music, photos, videos and other digital data with USB 3.0 high-speed performance. This allows users to save time transferring files as USB 3.0 allows up to 5Gb/s data transfer speed – almost 10x faster than USB 2.0. The portable, small- form factor reader has a brushed nickel case and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
Kingston® also announces a new 64GB capacity addition to its CompactFlash Ultimate 600x family. The 32GB and 64GB CF Ultimate 600x cards offer premium results with speeds up to 90MB/s read and write to support burst mode photography or HD video. The addition of MediaRECOVER® software lets users recover deleted files and restore corrupt files, if needed.
“HS4 All-In-One Media Reader is a great device to quickly move data between multiple devices whether at home or on the road,” said Jean Wong, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. “The higher-capacity CF Ultimate 600x lets avid photographers and videographers capture more content and when used with the reader, data transfer is simple and fast.”
HS4 All-In-One Media Reader carries a two-year warranty while the CF Ultimate 600x has a lifetime warranty. Both products are backed by legendary Kingston reliability and free technical support. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com.
HS4 All-In-One Media Reader Features and Specifications:
- Ultra-portable: small size makes it an easy and convenient travel accessory
- Versatile: Supports the major types of memory cards and the latest speeds standards (UHS-I and UHS-II)
- Fast: USB 3.0 performance for an efficient and effortless data transfer
- Compliant: with USB 3.0 specifications, backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Guaranteed: two-year warranty, free technical support
- Dimensions: 93.17mm x 52.68mm x 16mm
- Speed Rating1: Up to 5Gb/s data transfer speed
- Operating Temperature: 32º to 140ºF / 0º to 60ºC
- Storage Temperature: -4º to 185ºF / -20º to 85ºC
- Supported card formats:
- Compact Flash: CF Type I & II (UDMA 0-7)
- Secure Digital: SD/SDHC UHS I-II/SDXC UHS I-II
- microSD: microSD/microSDHC UHS-I/microSDXC UHS-I
- Memory Stick®3: Memory Stick PRO/Duo™/PRO Duo™/ PRO-HG Duo™
- Requirements: system with USB 3.0
- Built-In LED Indicator
- USB 3.0 Cable Included
Windows® 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Vista® (SP2)
Mac OS X v.10.7.x +
Linux v.2.6x +
1 Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
2 Requires a host device with a USB 3.0 post.
3 All brand and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only. Memory Stick and Memory Stick PRO Duo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Kingston is not affiliated with Sony Corporation. Other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.