Kingston Digital Releases IronKey D300 and IronKey D300 Managed Encrypted USB Flash Drive
Fountain Valley, CA – October 10, 2016 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of IronKey™ D300 and IronKey D300 Managed encrypted USB Flash drives. Both drives deploy an advanced level of encryption that builds on the features that have made IronKey such a well-respected name when it comes to safeguarding sensitive information. Kingston acquired the USB technology and assets of IronKey in February 2016
IronKey D300 is FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified, with 256-bit AES hardware encryption in XTS mode. The drive’s exterior is made with a zinc casing and waterproof to 4 feet while the interior components are encased in a tamper-evident epoxy seal for physical security. IronKey D300 employs digitally signed firmware, making it immune to the BadUSB malware, and it enforces complex password protocol* with minimum characteristics to prevent unauthorized access. Encryption and decryption is done on the drive with no trace left on the host system and the drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid attempts, to protect against brute force attacks.
“We leveraged Kingston’s history of delivering high-quality Flash memory products with IronKey’s trusted reputation in the encrypted storage industry to create a strong, reliable USB Flash drive that will last for years to come,” said Ken Campbell, Flash business manager, Kingston. “Our goal is to make IronKey D300 available to more organizations than ever before. Customers who need managed and/or non-managed encrypted drives will find IronKey D300 to be the most up-to-date, affordable and cost-effective solution to deploy in their workplace.”
IronKey D300 managed requires IronKey EMS by DataLocker®** which allows central management of drive access and usage across thousands of drives. IronKey EMS is a flexible management solution as it can be either cloud-based or on premises. It enforces drive-specific policies such as password strength and retry limits, and lets administrators remotely disable lost or stolen drives, recover lost passwords and more. Kingston and DataLocker have been close partners working together on managed encrypted solutions.
“Our ongoing partnership with Kingston allows us to be leaders in the Secure USB Management arena,” said Jay Kim, CEO, DataLocker. “The IronKey D300 and D300 Managed Encrypted USB Flash Drives are two more tools that allow us to safeguard our customers’ sensitive data with the most advanced level of security.”
Since 2004, the month of October has been deemed as National Cyber Security Awareness Month in the U.S. The Department of Homeland Security and FBI aim to raise awareness of cybersecurity especially data breaches and lost USB drives which have become more prevalent over the past few years. Safeguarding data outside the network is just as important as it is behind a company’s firewall, and the proper implementation of encrypted USB Flash drives should be part of any organization’s information security strategy.
IronKey D300 and IronKey D300 Managed drives offer fast USB 3.0 data transfer rates and are available in 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities. Both drives are backed by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
* Password requirements set by Administrator during set up using IronKey EMS for IronKey D300 Managed drives.
** IronKey EMS by DataLocker, purchased separately. Learn more at DataLocker.com
*** Product must be clean and dry before use
IronKey D300 & IronKey D300 Managed Features & Specifications:
- Interface: USB 3.0
- Capacities1: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB & 128GB
- Speed2: USB 3.0 speed: 4GB: 80MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
16GB: 165MB/s read, 22MB/s write
32GB: 250MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
128GB: 250MB/s read, 85MB/s write
USB 2.0 speed: 4GB: 30MB/s read, 12MB/s write
8GB-128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: 3.06″ x 0.9″ x 0.47″ (77.9 mm x 22.2 mm x 12.05 mm)
- Waterproof / Dustproof: Up to 4 ft.; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Compatibility: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Minimum System Requirements: USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
Two (2) free drive letters required for use3
- Standard Drive: Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Windows Vista® (SP2), Mac OS X v.10.9.x – 10.11.x, Linux v.2.6x+ (4)
- Managed Drive: Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Windows Vista® (SP2), Mac OS X v.10.9.x – 10.11.x
IronKey D300 Managed
Operating System Compatibility
Windows®10, 8.1, 8, 7(SP1), Vista®(SP2)
Mac OS X v 10.9 – 10.11.x
IronKey D300 & IronKey D300 Managed
Part Number / Capacity and Features
- IKD300/4GB – IronKey D300 4GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300/8GB – IronKey D300 8GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300/16GB – IronKey D300 16GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300/32GB – IronKey D300 32GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300/64GB – IronKey D300 64GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300/128GB – IronKey D300 128GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300M/4GB – IronKey D300 Managed 4GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300M/8GB – IronKey D300 Managed 8GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300M/16GB – IronKey D300 Managed 16GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300M/32GB – IronKey D300 Managed 32GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300M/64GB – IronKey D300 Managed 64GB USB Flash Drive
- IKD300M/128GB – IronKey D300 Managed 128GB USB Flash Drive
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.